Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I do not have much to report. I tried to go out for a walk yesterday, but my foot was sore enough I did not want to risk making it worse.

I worked late to make up for taking off to take DS1 to the Doctor.

No concrete plans for today. I should sit down at the sewing machine some more. We will see.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today is the last day for a while that we'll be in the low 80s with low humidity. We go back into the high 80s and 90s starting tomorrow. It's been great though!!!

I'm done with the morning routine (exercising and housework, checking emails and the newspaper). Have also finished making my salads for the next week.

Finished a book yesterday I really enjoyed. It was one of those offered for "free". It was so good that I decided to buy the second one. I don't do that often, but this author did finish the story in the book and will begin a second story with her second despite it occurs in the same location with the same characters; much like Debbie Macomber whose style many of these writers have tried to duplicate but can't or just simply don't because they want to sell books. Little do they know that the better the first book is, the more likely people will buy the 2nd and possibly the 3rd etc.

Tonight I'm going to cook a chicken thigh in my air fryer and have it with 1/2 a potato and another veggie.

Well, gotta run for now. Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m at mom’s house. But I woke up late and just got here. I just heard thunder and looked at the radar and it is only a small storm a mile or two north. So hopefully I’ll be able to get out in the yard in a few minutes.

I’m hoping to trim in the front. I want to get that in good shape so if I can’t get over here after my surgery it will still look good.

I signed up for Peacock and watched the replay of stage 2 of the Tour de France last night. Stage 2 was in Roskilde, Denmark and the town was all decorated and yarn bombed for the Tour when I was there to see the Cathedral and Viking Museum. Stage 1 was in Copenhagen and I might watch that replay but they had lousy, rainy weather. Tonight I’ll watch the gymnastics.

OK I don’t hear thunder and will check the radar and hopefully go outside.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know things are going well.

Last full day here with oldest DS and I plan to do a bit of cleaning for him. I will do so while he is sleeping this morning after my coffee and again later when he is at the gym. I did clean some spills in his fridge out, and wipe down much of his baseboards in the upper area of the house. Today will be the rest of the baseboards, one stubborn spill in the fridge, his sink, and the kitchen backsplash. Mostly things he won't probably notice.

Off to have another coffee, get dressed and start this day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know things are going well.

Last full day here with oldest DS and I plan to do a bit of cleaning for him. I will do so while he is sleeping this morning after my coffee and again later when he is at the gym. I did clean some spills in his fridge out, and wipe down much of his baseboards in the upper area of the house. Today will be the rest of the baseboards, one stubborn spill in the fridge, his sink, and the kitchen backsplash. Mostly things he won't probably notice.

Off to have another coffee, get dressed and start this day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie - you are such a good mom!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Oh wow - what a difference a decent night of sleep makes. I feel so much better today!!!

I went to bed at ten or so. Didn't get up to use the bathroom until maybe 4 or so. Next time at 7. I didn't even hear the COD up and about. He has already taken off. Didn't even hear him drive out.

I did hear him feeding HIS cats. LOL.

He is more of an animal lover than I am. He would take in every stray dog in this town if I said ok.

I used to say that Thursday was my day off - and maybe it will be today. Not that it can't be every day. LOL.

Have a great one.