Daily Check In September 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. Back after I grab a coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a bit of a problem falling back to sleep last night after my usual nocturnal trip to visit the facilities. Things to do kept running through my head and I wondered how on earth I was going to get all completed. I probably won't but as the first frost will probably arrive sometime very soon, getting all that is left in the garden, and helping Hubby move his crushed rock (aggregate as he calls it) are probably the most important. Once that is done the driveway is prepared for the arrival of the tentlike garage. Hopefully the DS's and Hubby can put it up in less than a day and a half.

Next up will be making Baba Ganoush and the freezing of tomatoes. The dehydrating will take place while all else is happening. I may have to tell my friend that coffee time will need to be in the afternoon or late morning.

Household chores for today will not be many (good thing). I will clear out the dishwasher, dust, print out my visa bill, clean the front of the fridge (wiped most of the inside out yesterday...may do one more drawer), and if there is a bit of time after my walk this morning watch another video for the study.

I was approached yesterday about making shawls for the newly baptized babies and young children. Not a bad idea really so I will look into how much in the way of nice soft yarn I have available to use and get started on those right away. The next baptism class is sometime early next year.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover pork roast. Probably made into a casserole as I don't have the ingredients to make a stir fry (not enough suitable veggies for that purpose).

Today I am grateful to watch the sunrise. What pretty pinks and purples.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

MJ, I’m glad that it worked out OK with the vehicle mirror and that the guy was nice. I’m amazed that your ultrasound appointment was for 9:15 at night! I’ve never heard of medical tests at night.

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. I have a few questions for her.

Yesterday I did go to mom’s house and worked in the backyard for a short period. I first started weeding in the back garden but I could feel it so moved to trimming the plumbago. It was hot. I stopped at Home Depot and got flowers for the front step. Flowers have certainly gone up in price! My friend gave me new pruning shears for my birthday but they were too big for my hand and would not be comfortable. So I returned them to HD (where she said she bought them) and got a gift card. I feel kind of bad about returning them but I really would not use them.

I have a CD that I’ve been rolling for 30 days since April. It changes on the 22nd each month but I have seven days. The Fed will raise interest rates today or tomorrow. If the bank raises its rates, I’ll lock it in for a year or two or maybe three. I also want to change the beneficiary. It will take a few days for the bank to change its rates so I may do nothing until the end of the 7-day grace period.

If I’m not too tired when I get home from the doctor I’ll wash the sheets I took off my bed on Saturday.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Having hospitals do tests like that at night is brilliant and I wish they did it in the US. So many employers will not allow workers to have time off for medical appointments.

Good morning, frugal friends. We gave Lily Dog, who has been sick with more GI issues, her first round of RX probiotic stuff last night along with a boiled egg and baby food. She was about 30 percent improved overnight, so we're hoping this does the trick.

This morning I got to work a little early and finished cleaning up my old office. I have not cleaned up the student laundry room yet today. Few people would be eager to start their day picking strangers' dirty underwear up off the floor, you know? Well, few NORMAL people. :-D The laundry room is horrible every day and my new Lovely Boss seems very not inclined to speak to the students about their role in keeping it clean. *sighs*

My tea cup is almost empty, so back to work. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Morning housekeeping and exercising complete. Have already watched a few You Tube videos and worked some more on my coloring page. I've plugged in the smallest of my tablets and plan to read a bit this afternoon. I also want to watch a few more You Tube videos on coloring and extreme grocery shopping. I also want to start next month's menu plan.

Tonight is a burger and veggies for dinner.

Well that's it for now. Have a nice day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept late this morning. Since I got both my flu shot and my updated COVID vaccine I am sore this morning. But I expected that.

I finished a cute mystery last night. But I didn’t got to bed until after 10 PM.

I have no plans for the day, I have a new mystery to read.

Penny