Daily Check In September 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Up, but not awake. Getting coffee. I will be back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been awake off and since about 4 this morning. Not really sure why, but I believe it is because I was thinking of all that needs doing today as tomorrow morning could be a bust with attending a funeral. I plan on getting a few of those larger tasks done today, and that makes me a little antsy.

Laundry and cleaning at least the bathroom will be done today. I think I might deep clean the counters and sinks in the kitchen as well. I also need to make my to do list up for the week and figure out menus for next month. There were a couple of tasks I added to my list for today already so it's going to be busier than I like for a Sunday. Oh well, things happen and more than likely will be done and dusted.

For fun well I hope to work on the quilt and do some preliminary work on the rug (needs a border made). Then in the evening I hope to be working on another knitted blanket and watching the finale of Big Brother (I get a kick out of that show).

Today I am grateful for my health and the fact that today I do not seem to be aching very much.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Up and watching my Sunday morning shows. It is chilly and overcast this AM. My chickens are fed and out for the day. They probably won't go far today.... too chilly.

The other day I got a box of peaches off of the markdown rack for 5.00 I made 6 jars of peach jam and put 3 pie size bags into the freezer. The jam is wonderful, I also passed out some fresh peaches for eating out of hand. It was a good buy but just this time last year the price would have been 3.00 for a much bigger box.
I have noticed in this veg/fruit market that they are no longer getting huge bins of things. smaller boxes of produce=fewer things on the markdown rack.

I have a load of laundry on the lines this AM. it is breezy but cool. They will dry but not too fast.
Everything outside is slowing down, still picking green beans and tomatoes, but they are slowing down.
I have a few more plants to bring in, so hard to believe we are almost into October.

Leftover Mexican for today, as a family we ordered out last evening...son in laws request and it always lasts at least 2 meals.
Off to get my day started again,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Already up and dressed. Helping with an event we are having tomorrow.

I slept well. Stayed up past midnight- maybe that helped. I only got up once before my real wakeup time.

Had one cup of coffee. Will pick up some tamales on the way to the gathering. I have been craving those for weeks! I haven't bought any since the COD can't eat them. But I'm sure my fellow attendees will be glad to help me eat them!

Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and all frugal friends. Jackie, seems you are always busy with some good, productive activity - I could take a lesson - but WILL I???

The dogs had mercy on me and let me sleep until almost 8. I've been puttering around the kitchen, putting away the materials from yesterday's conference, sorting mail, washed and hung my work clothing, washed dishes. Breakfast was 3 vegan sausage patties and toast.

I MUST do some prep cooking for the week today. I also want to sweep the front porch and wash the picture window that faces out there - get it ready to decorate for fall. My porch gets a lot of "street dirt" - and needs cleaning frequently.

First I have to vacuum and dust the dining room and living room. Nobody ever spends time in those rooms - DD passes through the dining room to get to the door that leads to her part of the house, and through the living room to take her dog out - so they don't need frequent cleaning but I noticed this morning while watering plants in there that it's time to dust and vacuum. Also looks like DD had the dogs in there for play time - it's a large space and she does that - and one or more of them rolled on the slip covers - so those will need to be laundered.

I have a wee bit of a sinus headache this morning - nothing that will slow me down, just annoying. I also hope to vacuum my car today between bouts of rain - so an ambitious agenda. Off to get started. Wishing you all a very good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. It's drizzly here today. I woke up before 6 a.m., heard DH up feeding the dogs, and slept some more.

Right now I am drinking coffee and planning a few chores. Need to change the AC filter, give the dogs their heartworm medication, mend DH's pajamas, dust the wood furniture, and clean the tree sap off the windows of my car. Other things will crop up, for sure!

Yesterday I made my lunches for the week and put the containers in the freezer; also cooked a big pot of chili for DH. Today I will to boil some eggs and make a green salad for supper.

Hope you all have a peaceful morning.
Mackie