Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Stay safe Floridacat and anyone else who lives in the vicinity of the coming storm that happens to visit the forum.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I forgot to add to my post that yesterday evening I let the dogs out in the backyard and noticed them paying too much attention to something in our neighbors' back yard. I looked a little closer, and they've once again acquired ducks! A lot of ducks this time. The last time they had ducks they did not know how to take care of them of them and two of the three ducks went lame.

I have to figure out how to anonymously report them, as having livestock in the city is illegal. If it was three and they took good care of them, I would look the other way, but the last ducks were pitiful limping around.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Florida, good luck.

Kitty, would it make sense to start rotating your begonias? Save say maybe 2/3rds of them and next spring buy 1/3 new? Just a thought.

Yesterday I did run down to the location where DGS8 was selling his Boy Scout popcorn. Of course I treated myself to an ice cream cone. He was excited to see me. At my lunch i ran over to Mom and Dad's, check for a package (not there) and checked the garden. I got a few tomatoes and a single cucumber. I forgot the lettuce in the fridge she told me I could have.

We are sunny and cool again today. I need to get out for a walk. This means I have been doing a better job of keeping shoes on my feet during the day.

I need to get back to my online training.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning, I emptied the tank on the bottom of my washer, the pipe doesn’t come out as far as the diagram shows, I also pulled out the filter but there was nothing there but bubbles.

It took me a while to get up from the stool I sat on. Next time I will try my shower bench.

My towels are in the washer now, I have a white wash in the dryer.

I have a few phone calls to make this morning.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. I slept till seven thirty today except for a middle of the night visit and it was lovely.

I was going to say that I won't leave the house today, but then I am wondering if Aldi still has mums, I need a few for my patio, the brighter the better. We'll see, it's right down the road.

I am having my morning time and on the computer. I will do my putzing and maybe some earning or some brain food activities. The windows are open as it is 71 now but supposed to high ninety today.

One I am done with my morning time I will do a quick pickup, load the wash, and do a half an hour silver sneakers at home thing before moving on to sewing and so on.

Dinner will be seasoned fish and the last of my frozen hush puppies with salad and fruit.

I am thinking of the people in florida. I have a daughter who lived through Ivan when it was a category five in the carribean when she lived on Grand Cayman. terrifying.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

I haven't read today's posts yet.

Yesterday's lunch was fun.

I brought my 1976 (!!!!) scrapbook with me.

My then boyfriend and I had a party and I had photos of it in that book :D :D What fun.

The "girls", who are in their late 60's loved it, they used their phones to take photos of their photos.

The old, "if I knew what fat was then" I would have enjoyed myself more.

They aren't fat now at all.

Today, DH has his podiatrist appt and a blood draw, I have to clean up his foot and leg in a moment or two.

More later

IC