Daily Check In October 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 2, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. Back in a few minutes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 2, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

I think I told all of you that late afternoon yesterday I lost my WIFI drivers on the laptop once again. I used my phone for a bit, and I hate typing on that thing. Really hard for me to pick at that really small keyboard, and this isn't much better, but at least I can read all that I am typing.

I had to take the VPN off my small computer attached to the TV but now at least I can see and perhaps type a little quicker. Anything that needs printing out will need to be done using Hubby's laptop. I plan on pulling out the old desktop later this week.

Not much happening today. I will make up the household chore list early this morning, then wake hubby up to get ready to attend Mass. The rest of the day will be spent working on the quilt, or perhaps making some tomato sauce. I can probably use my Google Nest to find one. Won't be able to print it out but the nest should hold it for me.

I have a feeling that if there is no breeze Hubby is going to want to work on getting the fabric on the frame. There is no way he will wait another week or so for the boys to be home. This could be a big problem for this rather chunky, scared of heights woman.

Supper tonight is going to be steak, mashed potatoes, sliced cucumbers, and the never-ending cherry tomatoes.

Today I am grateful that I have found a work around for the next little while.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and all frugal friends. The dogs and I were up early and watched the runners go by - hundreds of them. The whole neighborhood was out to watch and cheer them on.

I don't have much on the agenda for today - some cooking I guess. I haven't decorated my porch for fall yet but hat won't happen today either - hopefully sometime this week.

DD and I did some shopping last evening - I'm in charge of putting together a "wellness basket" for work - everyone who gets their flu shot at work tomorrow will get entered into a drawing to win it - except those of us in Admin - I will take our names out of the drawing. We picked up some peppermint liquid soap and peppermint hand sanitizer, an eye mask, a little book of positive affirmations, a travel straw, a peppermint face mask, some dark chocolate (antioxidants, you know), a small journal and a couple of other items. Now I am second-guessing - but it will have do do.

It's another lovely day, although the high temperature is supposed to be just 59. Hope wants a walk so I'm off to get some breakfast before we set out. Have a great day, everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Sheila, your wellness basket sounds really nice.

I still don’t have wi-fi but I don’t miss it too much. I don’t like writing on my phone but at least I have cell service. I hate the video pop ups which are far worse on the phone. Even my local newspaper now has pop ups of their own video stories. They must make a lot of money because most people hate them.

Because I can’t watch TV other than ABC, I watched some of my one dvd, Project Runway Season 1, yesterday. Today I’m planning to go to the library for dvds and hopefully a book.

I changed my sheets by myself this morning. It has been a month since my surgery. I do think I’m overdoing it a bit, however.

Last night I looked at my September budget. I only spent $214 on food, a vast improvement over two months of $400 food costs. But the month was still moderately high because of car insurance and giving my cousin the car payment money plus a few more donations. I tipped the kitchen ladies at the hotel as well as the front desk lady who got me the Tuesday night room because I appreciated their work. This might sound awful but I’m going to try to limit my gifts for the rest of the year.

Echo the cat will come for a visit starting on Thursday. I’m looking forward to it.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a cool, and partially rainy day here today but since I have no plans to go out it doesn't really matter.

Have done some sorting of paperwork this morning, some that I'll just toss and some that needs to be shredded first. I was going to take the pieces needing shredding to the county facility but there really isn't enough to make it worth the effort. I'll just have to shred a little at a time.

I don't know what I did differently yesterday, but my turkey breast came out so juicy it was amazing. After plucking it off the bones (I wish I knew how to make soup but I don't . . . mine either came out too thin or too greasy the few times I tried), I had a dinner plate filled from side to side about 4 inches high. But I'll not have any problem finishing it off.

I wrote myself a note to put on my keyboard reminding me tomorrow morning, no coffee or fruit, only water, as I have to go for bloodwork for my wellness visit coming up on Friday. I used to be able to get in at 7:30 but when the pandemic hit, they switched the lab hours to a 9:00A time start.

Well, that's it for now. Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:39 am Hello friends.

Sheila, your wellness basket sounds really nice.

I still don’t have wi-fi but I don’t miss it too much. I don’t like writing on my phone but at least I have cell service. I hate the video pop ups which are far worse on the phone. Even my local newspaper now has pop ups of their own video stories. They must make a lot of money because most people hate them.

Because I can’t watch TV other than ABC, I watched some of my one dvd, Project Runway Season 1, yesterday. Today I’m planning to go to the library for dvds and hopefully a book.

I changed my sheets by myself this morning. It has been a month since my surgery. I do think I’m overdoing it a bit, however.

Last night I looked at my September budget. I only spent $214 on food, a vast improvement over two months of $400 food costs. But the month was still moderately high because of car insurance and giving my cousin the car payment money plus a few more donations. I tipped the kitchen ladies at the hotel as well as the front desk lady who got me the Tuesday night room because I appreciated their work. This might sound awful but I’m going to try to limit my gifts for the rest of the year.

Echo the cat will come for a visit starting on Thursday. I’m looking forward to it.

Have a good day.
Floridacat, I'm glad you are safe. I don't think limiting your gifts for the rest of the year sounds awful at all - you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others and you have been more than generous. I'm looking forward to hearing about Echo's visit with you!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz