Daily Check In October 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In October 5, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:21 pm I can totally understand your stress level. I hope the COD will be more conscientious about his meds.
Well here it is 9:31 Central Time and he is not home.

I have no idea where he goes. So that kind of makes me think of how much I should be concerned about his medical needs??

We are just basically roommates.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:33 pm Well here it is 9:31 Central Time and he is not home.

I have no idea where he goes. So that kind of makes me think of how much I should be concerned about his medical needs??

We are just basically roommates.
Clem,

Just because your only roomies doesn't mean you can't love and care about the COD as a good friend. You have a symbiotic relationship where you both look out for each other and it works well for both of you. You CAN be worried about him not being home when he mentions that the night before he thought he might have to you call ER for him.

My next door neighbor, Ron, and I are like that. Whenever something is up with him, he comes to me. One time? He came literally falling through my door while crying in pain and I got him to the hospital where they found his appendix has ruptured and then? As they had done the testing (and ultrasound I think) they found a tumor on his one kidney and had to take it out. His mother and I went out for lunch that day and both cried we were so worried it would be cancer. Well, it was BUT it was all contained in a golf ball-sized tumor and almost 10 years later he is doing well with one kidney.

I took him to the hospital in the middle of April in our LONGEST most hellacious winter EVER. He had slipped on the ice and badly broken his wrist.

Both times he's had to be off work for extended periods where we would get together and watch DVDs and movies and drink coffee. I'm good with Solitude and Ron is too but after awhile, he got bored and so we warded it off!

All of this is to say, you can love and care for someone without any kind of romantic interests. In fact, I think it works out better!

Just take care of yourself while you while you also worry about the COD. The beans and all will keep him happy and that is a good thing!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I tend to agree that although you are not "romantically involved as such" you do care for each other and have been room mates for a very long time.

It does sound like you and he should have a discussion about what his needs are and him taking care of himself. Tell him that you are will ing to shop and help him and support him but he needs to be open about his health and so his part...or however you want to put it.

While I am not in favor of "tattling" it migh be worth thinking about mentioning to his daughter that he's really not doing the things he needs to be doing? There's probably nothing she can do about that but then she knows at least what is up.

I