Daily Check In November 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

I finally got out the sewing caddy and mended two pairs of pajamas. It drives me nuts that makers don't stitch down the collar/placket facings, plus one pair had a tiny hole in the edge of the waistband. That's the pair that will probably be donated soon -- they are now huge on me -- but they might as well be nice when they go.

Also put a little homemade pumpkin puree in the dogs' lunch. Just a tablespoon keeps their innards happy. This was from the abandoned pumpkin I rescued at work: it was left intact in the grass after a party and no one claimed it.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Sheila, I hope your household recovers soon, so sorry everyone else came down with it too. That sucks.

I have the roast done, carved and back into the brown gravy/sauce. Broccoli salad is done as is the peach pie, dutch apple pie and an apple crumble for the SiL.
I have veggie soup going in the crockpot using some of the beef juice and seasonings. 2 loaves of bread raising and a batch of pizza dough on the go. I am going to try making some heat and eat pizzas. We love pizza and it's worth trying. This recipe for the dough says to put in the fridge overnight to develop the flavor so I am going to give it a whirl.
It is windy but the sun came out and the temps are up a bit.
The repair people will be here tomorrow AM to fix the hole in the garage roof. It won't take them long but I will feel so much better when it is done. Home maintenance is a necessary pain in the heiny.
I am tired!
Going to eat a pear and rest for a bit, then I need to bake the bread.
I think supper will be a hot beef sandwich , broccoli salad and probably cottage cheese with a dollop of cranberry salad on top!
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good afternoon. Nice to read what you all are up to. I imagine Quilter is still traveling today.

I haven't managed any napping today - and have decided it is just as well and may help me sleep better tonight. I did lay in bed and read 3 (free) magazines, trying to get some holiday inspiration from those glossy, touched-up, photo-shopped pages.

I need to make a couple holiday lists - "must do" and "nice if I do". The must-dos include getting a gift or 2 for DD, (I have something for everyone else), a couple "office gifts" (insert the biggest eye roll ever right here because I hate office gifting), that dreaded white elephant gift, and some pajamas and outfits for a 1 year old boy from a family our team adopted for Christmas.

"Nice if I Do" list includes baking a holiday treat - maybe some gingerbread cookies, something nice and festive for us to have. I have plenty of molasses and my Gram's molasses cookie recipe - she used to cut them in snow flake shapes and sprinkle with sugar as soon as they came out of the oven. Maybe that. I normally (well, for the past few years) make toffee - am thinking of changing it up (and cheaper but still yummy) this year.

I still need to change out my fall decor for Christmas decor. My main goal is to have us all feeling well within the next couple of weeks. Whatever this sickness is, it is rough and isn't in a hurry to move along.

I hope you are all having a good day and staying safe and warm.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Okay, dinner is at JCKitty's house. Everybody pile in the van! :-D

Sheila, toffee and molasses cookies sound great. I think people get overdosed on chocolate and peppermint at Christmas, so those are nice old-fashioned flavors.

I got my arm workout trimming bushes in the front yard and raking leaves in rows for DS to mulch with the mower. Also pulled vines out of the burning bush in the back yard. Once it turns scarlet this time of year, I can find all the invasive vines and yank them out.

If I can move tomorrow, I might take the loppers to the vines growing in the crape myrtle trees.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:08 pm Okay, dinner is at JCKitty's house. Everybody pile in the van! :-D

{Snip}
I can almost everyone there. LOL!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy it has been a nice day. Temps up to 80! Very sunny.

Was outside with part of the pack so they could run and wrestle.

In other news, my sibling is basically trapped at her elementary. She’s a teacher. There are police at the high school so all are on lockdown! Crazy!!