Daily Check In November 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 30, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, Sheila, I am so sorry and hope your mom gets better soon. (((Hugs)))

I was also the good, ignored child who did all the work. It totally sucks. Both my parents are dead now, so things are much easier.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh Sheila I hope your dad takes your advice! And sister better tag along. What about brother?

Big hug.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Clem, my brother also works full time but if my dad asked him to, I know he would take time off.

My sister did text me - with the "news" - I told her dad was here and told me. I said "take care of yourself" and she replied "yes, and everyone else too" - which makes me SEE RED - she doesn't DO anything else and lives off my parents who are on social security - she SHOULD do EVERYTHING.

I did not reply. Whatever. Just whatever. Head down, taking care of myself, just like always.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Pertaining to the COLA increase for 2023. I just read an article on the MSN portal that if you are on SSI, you should be seeing your increase in December. December 30th is the payout with the COLA increase for those on SSI. For the rest of us, it will be January, the month behind which is normal for SS payout. I'm not sure how accurate the article is, but am passing it on to be on the lookout just in case.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I baked an apple pie this morning. It was a lot of work, I have a sink full of dishes. Water will be off and on until 5:30 today. Add in you can’t flush the toilet.

In my informed delivery message this morning was a photo of the envelope from the Housing office. I will learn my new rent.

Apple pie is in the oven, I tried to clean the toilet but didn’t like the way H-E-B’s True Grit worked, it didn’t. I ordered a different brand, they don’t have the LImeAway I prefer.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Penny, there is nothing else like homemade apple pie!

Good afternoon. I just made drop biscuits from a mix I took from my "emergency pantry stash" - it was an emergency, lol. Biscuits with strawberry jam type of emergency. :lol:

I also swept the floor in the back hallway where my washing machine is. That is where my dogs stay gated when DD isn't here and I have to work - so lots of dog hair was found behind the washer. It needs mopped but I'm not up to it today.

Hope would not go out for me because it is raining. DD came and made her go out with them. She is back on my bed acting like we are the meanest people in the world.

A lot of texts from my boss today. He is saying take the rest of the week if I need it and don't worry about getting another doctor's note. They are so sweet where I work, sometimes it makes me cry.

I'm going to make some tea and get into bed myself.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz