Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I got up very late. I forgot to ask Jay is she wanted to go to the soup kitchen for lunch. I was too late getting my act together to go by the time I looked at a clock.

This afternoon, I read my news and did some online shopping and window shopping on Facebook Marketplace. I found some inspirational cards for only $12.00 to get for Jay for her birthday (Dec. 17th) and a Christmas present. It is a very nice box that holds 50 cards with inspirational sayings. It's very pretty and she likes that kind of thing.

I made a double batch of tuna salad for lunch and to take to Franki's for tomorrow through Sunday. I have a few errands to run tomorrow and have to stop at Safeway, on the way to Franki Boi's house, to get some snack food and bread. I am there until about 4 pm on Sunday.

Tonight is an NFL football night. The Buffalo Bills against the New England Patriots. I am cheering for the Buffalo Bills. We will see how this all turns out.

I hope to get up early tomorrow to run a few errands before going to Franki Boi's house. I have to get a birthday gift card and it looks like I better get a 2023 day planner. I've gotten 3 bookings for babysitting my fur kids into the new year, one is in March!

Aside from moping around, not much else going on.

That's the skinny from around here.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

HD, my son has been an asthmatic since infancy, I used to have liquid steriod on hand with the power to give it anytime he had something coming on. In large doses it can make you hungry and some people hyperactive or unable to sleep. In very large doeses it can make you a little puffy and have chipmunk face but thats huge doses in adults (not so much in kids)

What's the guitar playing republican guy who had cancer and megadoses and got chipmunk face? Now I cannot think about it.

Clem, glad you are calling out. There comes a time when we all have to do that.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:50 pm HD, my son has been an asthmatic since infancy, I used to have liquid steriod on hand with the power to give it anytime he had something coming on. In large doses it can make you hungry and some people hyperactive or unable to sleep. In very large doeses it can make you a little puffy and have chipmunk face but thats huge doses in adults (not so much in kids)

What's the guitar playing republican guy who had cancer and megadoses and got chipmunk face? Now I cannot think about it.

And if you are prone to Blood Sugar issues, Prednisone tends to increase your BS.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:50 pm HD, my son has been an asthmatic since infancy, I used to have liquid steriod on hand with the power to give it anytime he had something coming on. In large doses it can make you hungry and some people hyperactive or unable to sleep. In very large doeses it can make you a little puffy and have chipmunk face but thats huge doses in adults (not so much in kids)

Lee Atwater. I haven’t thought about him in ages. One of the worst dirty tricksters of the 1980s. He was unrecognizable when he got so bloated.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Yes, him!!