Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 am Good morning Jackie and all frugal friends. Jackie, do your neck and arm feel better today?

I wish I had some energy to do anything. I am just waiting on a call back from my doctor - heading back to bed in a few minutes, it was a rough, very rough, night.

Woke to snow covering the ground - less than an inch. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No update on my mom since my dad's visit yesterday.

Off to get some sleep. Have a good day.
I am sorry you are still feeling so awful!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:30 pm Thanks, Maggie.

Actually I got lucky. Took it to the place where I had my last repairs done and they put in a new battery for $8.
Awesome. That was worth it.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I was in line at the dollar store with an elderly man buying cough syrup who said he had coughed all night. I hope he just had post-nasal drip, since he seemed fine standing there.

My poor DS had to go to the Valvoline place to get his car's cabin air filter replaced because the car was smelly, and they found a dead rat in the ductwork for the air system! So I have been researching critter discouragers to put under car hoods.

Our garage is a very odd size: it lost a lot of depth when the original owner of the house used part of the back of it to build the kosher kitchen that is now the laundry room. So the only car that fits in it is something quite short, like my little Honda Fit. DS and DH both have sedans and have to park on the driveway. This is the first time there's been animal trouble related to their cars in over ten years of living here.
Mackie
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:27 am Hello all,

I slept so good, I think prayer and talk therapy is working. At least it is helping.
I am up and have outside chores almost done, might haul in more wood. It is cold but the sun is bright.
I changed the dogs food to IAM's and they both seem to be doing better also. I will do anything to make my geriatric dogs more comfortable and happier.
Today is going to be a hang out and get small chores done. I think I will do floors tomorrow. DD2 has been taking her dog over the weekends and giving me a break from his neediness. Poor baby is almost blind from cataracts, and it makes him require more attention.

I need to do some plant grooming and watering today and will run the duster. I think I will order some library books.
Off to get started again and piddle around.

JCKitty
It just "kills" me how much we love our fur babies and will do anything for them. :D

We spent $16,000 on Dog in 2016 and still lost him. He is forever in our hearts.

Our furbabies just steal our hearts.

You are such a wonderful fur mommy.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Feeling better.

Got the circuit breaker fixed. Why didn't I call out for help before. The COD did say he would take care of it - but maybe he just cant' do that anymore.

My cousin was here in 15 minutes after I called him. He says we need to replace the whole thing. I agree

Old old breakers.

I do feel better.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, when people are depressed, even making a phone call seems huge. (((Hugs)))
Mackie