Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:41 pm Clem, when people are depressed, even making a phone call seems huge. (((Hugs)))
Looks like it. I told myself that I would make the call at 2pm. I had to give myself a deadline.

I called at 1:30. He was here right away - he had just finished another job.

He wouldn't even take any money - but I slipped him some cash and told him to take his wife and granddaughter out to dinner!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:44 pm Looks like it. I told myself that I would make the call at 2pm. I had to give myself a deadline.

I called at 1:30. He was here right away - he had just finished another job.

He wouldn't even take any money - but I slipped him some cash and told him to take his wife and granddaughter out to dinner!
Having household things hanging over your head can make you feel frozen. I’m like that. Glad you got it fixed.

Try to remember that most things that you are worrying about are big nothings in the scheme of things. I learned that during my medical issues this summer. I’m like you, a worrier, but I’m much better now than in the past.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

My sister messaged today and said dad wants burger king for supper and gave me his order. Don't know what part of WE ARE VERY SICK she didn't understand - but I texted her back and said "what can I get for you"? She said to surprise her and thanked me. I hope she didn't think I would let her sit there with nothing and just bring food to my dad.

Thankfully, DD and her SO would not let me go out for the food and drive it 10 miles - they went. So the least I could do was pay so I gave them my bank card and had them get dad and sis 2 burgers, 2 chicken sandwiches, 2 fries, 2 chocolate pies. I figure they can always save a sandwich and dessert for tomorrow.

The kiddos are getting food for us when they get back into town. Nothing sounds good to me but I need to eat something. I did go to Walgreens (I could throw a stone and hit it) and get my prednisone prescription. Took the first pill. Don't know if it's in my head or not but I think I can breathe better - so I'll take that win. Anyone have experience using prednisone for short term illness? Did it help you?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Prednisone is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it will make you feel better fast. It is really good for calming down lungs and throats that are badly irritated The only drawback is you might not sleep well while taking it.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 pm My sister messaged today and said dad wants burger king for supper and gave me his order. Don't know what part of WE ARE VERY SICK she didn't understand - but I texted her back and said "what can I get for you"? She said to surprise her and thanked me. I hope she didn't think I would let her sit there with nothing and just bring food to my dad.

Thankfully, DD and her SO would not let me go out for the food and drive it 10 miles - they went. So the least I could do was pay so I gave them my bank card and had them get dad and sis 2 burgers, 2 chicken sandwiches, 2 fries, 2 chocolate pies. I figure they can always save a sandwich and dessert for tomorrow.

The kiddos are getting food for us when they get back into town. Nothing sounds good to me but I need to eat something. I did go to Walgreens (I could throw a stone and hit it) and get my prednisone prescription. Took the first pill. Don't know if it's in my head or not but I think I can breathe better - so I'll take that win. Anyone have experience using prednisone for short term illness? Did it help you?
I think your sister is tuning you out big time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Once again, I overestimated what I could accomplish sewing today. Part of the problem is that I need to take breaks every 2 hours or so. Then to get started once again is the pits. But should be able to finish off the flimsy for the quilt and get the border ready to be put on. I hope to be sandwiching it on Monday.

I did do a bit on the rug and laid out the fabric for the top I want to make. I will pin and cut that out after supper. Thus, leaving the cutting table clear for cutting the border and doing more strips for the rug. Heck if everything goes well, I may even get the draught dodgers done.

My meatballs are browning in the oven, and I am heating up the sauce to go over them. Pretty sure I have enough to feed us a few times. Table is set, salad made, and I will be turning the rice on to cook as soon as I finish here.

Tree is totally up with all lights, so the decorating will begin tomorrow and probably continue into Saturday.

Off to get the rest of our meal made.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/