coloring books, very silly question.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

coloring books, very silly question.

Post by icfrugal2 »

so many people talk about coloring.

Is it with coloring books like we had as kids??? using crayons?

LOL :roll: I was never :roll: :roll: very good at coloring, I am not an artist.

I assume that it is for relaxing?

thank you

IC
HappyDaze

Re: coloring books, very silly question.

Post by HappyDaze »

IC, there are no silly questions if you don't know the answers.

Logics has more knowledge about this than I do. In my opinion, there are no rules - if you want to use a "kids" coloring book, there is absolutely no reason under the sun why you shouldn't. They also make "adult" coloring books - more intricate pictures/patterns - some of them too intricate for me to consider them relaxing.

You can use crayons, colored pencils, fine tip markers, gel pens, whatever you want. I like using all of the above. The point is to have fun and make it your own and make it enjoyable.

Another hobby I find relaxing is "junk journaling" - again, no rules, anything goes. You make "decorations" for your journal pages out of things you find, pieces of junk mail, etc. (some people do buy expensive supplies - I do not, I think part of the fun is using found items).

You can add charms, tabs, trims, etc., stuff it full of fun "surprises" until it is nice and plump. I do write in mine, recording things like the weather, how I felt that day, etc.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I'm not an artist, either IC but I enjoy coloring.

I became interested in it when I saw that my town library had a program but at the time, I was looking after my mother and couldn't do it.

I've been in a coloring group for about 5 years now. It is sponsored by one of the 3 villages in our "Town" and the village's library.

Like Happy said, there are no rules. What one wants to use is totally up to oneself.

I have tried gel pens, markers and colored pencils. I do favor, however, colored pencils. I have watercolor pencils but haven't really gotten into using them but now have purchased a product that will allow me to do watercolor on regular cover stock paper.

I fully embraced coloring. I must have had 3 dozen or more coloring books at one point, and several hundred coloring pages downloaded from Pinterest to my computer. I have numerous pencil sets as well.

I got started with a coloring book from Five Below and a box of 24 pencils from Craze-art, but went full steam ahead rather quickly after viewing coloring tutorials on You Tube. If using a child's coloring book, crayons would probably be the choice of coloring tool if its the same type of paper used when we were kids. With the newer books and smooth white paper I think almost any form of coloring instrument would work.

Don't hesitate to ask those questions. Happy's here and so am I.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

As usual, thank you all for your very thoughtful replies. :D

IC
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

icfrugal2 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:56 pm As usual, thank you all for your very thoughtful replies. :D

IC
I am not good at it, but I like the gel pens and pencils. Purely for fun and something to pass time. I am using a Christmas scene book this month.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

One doesn't have to be good at it to have fun with it. :)