Daily Check In December 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Went shopping today as tomorrow is supposed to be the start of a couple of very cold days and nights. Not going anywhere when that happens. Scary shopping as the stores were packed, here I thought I would be lucky and miss the crowds. Oh well, next time I go it will just be for milk, bread, eggs, fruit and salad stuff. Hopefully in and out very quickly.

Laundry done but needs putting away. I will do that very soon. Dishes cleared, and dishwasher running. Hubby took out the garbage bin to the curb, and so once I am finished the clothing/towels put away I will sit and work on the rug. I did get the white stripe finished and will be starting a black flowered one next.

With the oven not working I bought a second cookie sheet to use in the toaster oven. I hope to get the tarts and almond bark made tomorrow between working on my Christmas projects.

Off to get the clothes put away. See you all tomorrow.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm Well my day didn't get better, but it is now.

I was getting ready for the worker person to get here. I was in the bathroom and started my usual convulsing issues - gerd and hiatal hernia I think causes this.

The COD heard me and said I needed to go to the ER. Having trouble breathing also.

So off we go. Didn't take long for them to see. All the testing took longer. Bloodwork, EKG, sonogram, chest ex-ray.

Weird they were all okay. Ok - whatever. I will have to make an appointment with a new doctor. The one I used here before retired.

I feel okay now.
That must have been awful. What the heck? I hope you find a new Dr. soon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:42 pm Update

Went shopping today as tomorrow is supposed to be the start of a couple of very cold days and nights. Not going anywhere when that happens. Scary shopping as the stores were packed, here I thought I would be lucky and miss the crowds. Oh well, next time I go it will just be for milk, bread, eggs, fruit and salad stuff. Hopefully in and out very quickly.

Laundry done but needs putting away. I will do that very soon. Dishes cleared, and dishwasher running. Hubby took out the garbage bin to the curb, and so once I am finished the clothing/towels put away I will sit and work on the rug. I did get the white stripe finished and will be starting a black flowered one next.

With the oven not working I bought a second cookie sheet to use in the toaster oven. I hope to get the tarts and almond bark made tomorrow between working on my Christmas projects.

Off to get the clothes put away. See you all tomorrow.
This is such a pain in the neck time to not have a working oven.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida I am definitely not going on a no spend by any means. My monthly budget includes hobbies (hopefully mainly upcycled materieal) but it also includes dining out and day trips. I do manage a retired womens group again and we do at least one thing weekly-lunch, happy hour and whatever, plus I often go out with friends after church and do the Tuesday five oclock movies. And of course I dont cook.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:00 pm Florida I am definitely not going on a no spend by any means. My monthly budget includes hobbies (hopefully mainly upcycled materieal) but it also includes dining out and day trips. I do manage a retired womens group again and we do at least one thing weekly-lunch, happy hour and whatever, plus I often go out with friends after church and do the Tuesday five oclock movies. And of course I dont cook.
The theater nearest to me also has discounts on Tuesdays. I haven’t been in a theater since Covid but my friend has been going and said anytime I see a film I’d like to see, we will go.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 am Good Morning,

I am a little down today. I got married 30 years ago today. I dislike the idea that my marriage did not last for forever. But I am better off now, mentally, emotionally and mostly financially.

Quiet at work today so studying. Ugh. Not really motivated. But I must persevere. Tonight I have my monthly investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I really feel for you Maggie. It's very hard to deal with "forever" not being as long as you thought your "forever" would be.

I hope you can look back fondly on some memories and look at the current and future with insight and positivity. It still isn't easy no matter how hard you try when you think back to your wedding day and how exciting the prospects of life offered you. You have lovely children and Grands. Celebrate them and all you've accomplished.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.