Daily Check In December 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Clem, I am so glad the COD was there with you! Rest and feel better.
(((Maggie))), thinking of you.

Well my day did not go to plan but it worked out.

Appliance repairman is in the hospital with an intestinal bleed! I called to find out what time he would be here and his wife/secretary said she was just getting ready to call and tell me we would have to reschedule for when he was released. I told her no hurry and hope he feels better very soon and not to be in a hurry. Poor guy, I hope he gets better soon.
So I got ready and went to run the errands, I lucked onto 22.53# pounds of 80/20 ground beef on the mark down rack! I also got .60 off per gallon of gas when I filled the car. I also bought 2 small hams that were on sale. Finally found a stock tank water heater at the farm store. They had been out for over 2 months.
I have everything put away and the tank heater installed.
Not many of the house chores completed but there is always tomorrow.
No clue what supper will be but seriously considering clam chowder and toast.
Off to figure out what is next,
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Clem, I am glad you are okay and hope you rest. Maggie, thinking of you - I'm in the same boat.

It was a long day, I am very tired. I stopped at the pharmacy after work to get the refill on my inhaler. Have to go back in a little while for my other refill. I really just want to get into a nice warm bed.

The kiddos took the dogs on a LONG walk as soon as I got home from work. Gave me some time to get a bite to eat in peace, it was nice.

Nothing going on around here - going to make that pharmacy run pretty soon, take my night meds and go to bed early.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

so Today I went to the cardiologist. I will be having an echo gram to look at my heart murmur (I've had it a long time but I guess they feel it's time) And also a vascular scan of my abdominal aorta in January in an abundunce of caution to catch any clot precursers or anything since I have type two while I am in here.

I feel like I have had alot of extra tests this year, but I am now seventy and my insurance covers them so I am going to go with them even though they may be over the top. Still need to have an annual I exam at some point and see a dentist (I have exactly four of my own teeth so its not like I get deep cleanings or anything).

I also went to pt and am in a great deal of pain so I am maybe going to go just the one day this week. WE'll see ow I am in the morning.

I still have not entered my sewing room since returning, I believe I will do that in the morning and have breakfast there.

Off to do online stuff and for dinner I have leftover KFC and frozen lasagna and veggies. Quite a mix, lol.

I have basically decided my goals frugal wise for the year is to do a buy nothing new year. I'l lfine tune the exceptions but right now they are shoes and undies, upholstered furniture (I will need new in the new year), yarn, food and personal products, some gifts to others and bating. What am I missing that you would NEED to buy new, noting that I am not overly squeamist at anything I can wash.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:43 pm so Today I went to the cardiologist. I will be having an echo gram to look at my heart murmur (I've had it a long time but I guess they feel it's time) And also a vascular scan of my abdominal aorta in January in an abundunce of caution to catch any clot precursers or anything since I have type two while I am in here.

I feel like I have had alot of extra tests this year, but I am now seventy and my insurance covers them so I am going to go with them even though they may be over the top. Still need to have an annual I exam at some point and see a dentist (I have exactly four of my own teeth so its not like I get deep cleanings or anything).

I also went to pt and am in a great deal of pain so I am maybe going to go just the one day this week. WE'll see ow I am in the morning.

I still have not entered my sewing room since returning, I believe I will do that in the morning and have breakfast there.

Off to do online stuff and for dinner I have leftover KFC and frozen lasagna and veggies. Quite a mix, lol.

I have basically decided my goals frugal wise for the year is to do a buy nothing new year. I'l lfine tune the exceptions but right now they are shoes and undies, upholstered furniture (I will need new in the new year), yarn, food and personal products, some gifts to others and bating. What am I missing that you would NEED to buy new, noting that I am not overly squeamist at anything I can wash.
Socks - if you wear socks. I know you said you recently bought bras. Those things - shoes, undies and bras, socks and pjs - are mostly what I need to buy regularly.

I know you want to save and more power to you but give yourself a small “allowance” each month that you can spend on ANYTHING or save for something bigger the next month so you won’t feel deprived. I like to read about people who buy nothing but I think I’d find it hard to do myself.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:43 pm so Today I went to the cardiologist. I will be having an echo gram to look at my heart murmur (I've had it a long time but I guess they feel it's time) And also a vascular scan of my abdominal aorta in January in an abundunce of caution to catch any clot precursers or anything since I have type two while I am in here.

I am doing the buy nothing new (or rather try and buy nothing with a very few exceptions) for next year I have it in the Challenges. I am going to frugal as I never have before.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 am Good Morning,

I am a little down today. I got married 30 years ago today. I dislike the idea that my marriage did not last for forever. But I am better off now, mentally, emotionally and mostly financially.

Quiet at work today so studying. Ugh. Not really motivated. But I must persevere. Tonight I have my monthly investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
So glad you are better off..but still a sad day for you.....hugs.