Daily Check In December 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In December 6, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Clem, I’m glad that the COD went to get your new meds. Hope they make you feel better.

I’m home from lunch. We sat outside and it is a truly gorgeous day here. I brought home 2/3 of my mushroom pizza.

I’ll wait until another day to give the neighbors their small gifts.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:59 am Yes, will add little Nico to my prayers.
Glad to hear that you feel a little better. And yes, listen to what your body is telling you. It knows when it needs rest.

Thank you, Clem. My sister has seen him or a picture of him and she calls him a little mush.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Keeping Nico in my prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well I managed to get the quilt sandwiched and that took about 2 hours. I even ran out of safety pins (that is a first). Now I am having a bit of a rest before I start on the rug project.

I did get the tarts made and they turned out perfectly. I only made 2 1/2 doz but that is enough. I now know the toaster oven will get my baking done, it will just take a bit longer. I will make the Almond Bark after supper and before I do the dishes that need to be done by hand.

The snow stopped and now the sun is shining. Still very cold though and the temperature has actually dropped through the day. It is going to be bitterly cold tonight and the windchill will make it feel even colder. Staying in is the only safe thing to do when the weather is like this.

Off to see what else needs doing, perhaps the candy canes on the tree downstairs. That will allow me to mark another small job off the task list. Now that the quilt is sandwiched, I can vacuum the living room as well, another chore off the list (from yesterday).

Talk to you all a bit later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

nice warm sunny day - 80 degrees!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Logics,
I have lit a candle and said a few prayers for little Nico. Keeping the candle lit will keep him in mind. I'm so glad his grandpa insisted on an earlier surgery date and it sounds like they have an excellent surgeon.

I was up and out the door for a 9 am appointment with the nutritionist and then to see the doc for blood test results. Things are going well with the nutritionist and we have a plan where I will work more legumes, veggies and fruit into my diet (I'm setting aside some doggo money to purchase). My doctor was testing me for pre-diabetes and my A1C levels along with other stuff. I came out good on all of it but my stupid thyroid. UGH! It's not really too much but one level is very low so I will be getting an increase in my synthroid medication.

Got home about 10:30 am and tried to get ahold of Jay to go for lunch. I think she was sleeping in. I told her I still was going in my message as I needed bread and a nice lunch. It was a REALLY nice lunch today. We had a full table of conversational people and we all had a good laugh sharing our stories about how many times we'd been in the psychiatric hospital and which nurses were good and which were witches! LOL It was pretty funny and fun. I "went shopping" at the bread bank and shelves. I got some cans of black beans (no one else is taking them! The nutritionist and I discussed looking up recipes and I've already found some good ones that I already have the ingredients to make), two vanilla flavored 750 mL of Greek Yogurt, 2 liters of 2% milk, hot dog buns, regular buns (found a recipe for black bean burgers), and a loaf of whole grain bread. I feel like I stole from Safeway! That's at LEAST $30 worth of food if not more due to the milk and yogurt. I'm a happy camper as I've spent most of my budget on postage and gas for the van! It's all worth it though. I am doggo sitting for my beloved little Franki Boi on Thursday and Friday and starting Sunday I'll be hanging with little cutie Charlee girl for three days. I'm once again looking forward to it, as always!

I didn't sleep very well last night. It's always that way when I have to be up for an early morning appointment. I don't want to sleep in and miss it! I'll go to bed early tonight. I have no appointments or anything for tomorrow.

I contacted someone on FB Marketplace who was selling DVD movies for $2.00 each. I asked if she still had the following available and provided a list. Only the classic (which is the one I really wanted) AIRPLANE with Leslie Nielsen was available and she said she'd give it to me for FREE! I am delighted. So, after my appointment, I contacted her about picking it up. I told her it might take 10 minutes or so to get from my place at 26th and Rosser to her house. She then said, "How long have you lived there??? I used to go for coffee with a Mary Jo when I lived on Westaway Bay (right behind my apartment). She gave me some fabric and had the cutest little budgies. Would that be you?" HEY! It's ME!! For the life of me I can't remember anything about this time. Maybe when I see here I will cue in. She wants to start sewing again and I told her I'd give her lessons for free. So! Isn't that WILD?! I haven't had my Little Alice and Buddy Boy since a roommate suffocated my little birdies to death while I was at Health Sciences Center in Winnipeg for my emergency spinal cord surgery. That over 11 years ago now. She has an amazing memory!

Well, that's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.