Daily Check In December 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 8, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Morning routine is pretty much complete but still have about 1/2 hour more of exercising planned.

Need to make another return to Amazon this morning and then the rest of the day is mine.

Today I'm planning a whatever happens happens kind of day . . . nothing specific pops to mind at the moment.

Dinner tonight is a hot dog with veggies.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Oh wow, the first full week in December has whizzed by. I just do not know where the time has gone. I foresee some very late to me nights working on projects in order to get them completed. It is either that or let the house go to rack and ruin. The first choice is probably better in my opinion.

Today I want to make O Henry Squares and Nanaimo Bars for my baking. I hope to do that pretty early this morning, as all I really need to do for household chores are sweep floors and change the bedding. I have nothing else written down to accomplish in that area. Changing the bedding needs to wait until Hubby gets up so I guess sweeping the floors and putting together a pan or two of squares is a wonderful way to use time.

I do want to spend a bit more time in the sewing/craft room getting things straightened up. I did manage a bit yesterday evening and yet it still needs a bit more (okay a lot more) tidying. I will do that as a break from projects. Do need to stretch my neck, arms and legs every so often and give the back a rest from sitting.

I hope to get another two stripes done on the rug, and finish the hand quilting around the inside of the quilt border today and tonight. Hoping for more to be done on each, but if that is all I will be quite happy.

I would like to bring up the décor that belongs up here today and maybe get some of that put out as well. My living room seems pretty bare without the Nativity sets, and my small tree. Just need to get the table gone, and my plants that I am over-wintering moved.

Frugally I do not plan on spending any cash. I might download a few more books using my gift cards from last year. I think I might have figured out why one didn't work. Must check it out in a bit.

Mended a pillowcase yesterday using some binding around the top, and it worked out perfectly. I have another one or two cases that I need to mend so those have been moved out of the linen closet and placed in the pile to be worked on. I also should one day go through the sheets. I have a couple of sets that need to be used for something else. That could be a task for after Christmas.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover chicken casserole. This time I will make the salad to go with. Need to use up a few things in the crisper and on the counter (cherry tomatoes for one).

Today I am grateful that the polar vortex seems to have moved on and we have our regular cold winter temperatures once again. Today it is -16C (3F) and with the windchill it feels like -20C (-4F). Those vortex days make us appreciate a regular winter's day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie, Logics and all. I was out like a light when my alarm went off at 6:30 and I did NOT want to get up. Coffee is helping.

Hope is awake, has been out and is eating her breakfast. Lucy is still sleeping. I need to start getting ready for work here in a minute. Our holiday meal out is at 3:00 - so I am going to need to pack something to eat as I will not make it that long without food.

We have unseasonably warm temps and rain this morning -- I'll take that gladly. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Be well!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

HappyDaze, enjoy your Christmas luncheon. Mexican sounds good to me.

Trees, glad to hear that your DH is doing so much better.

I slept well. It is another warm day here, no rain. Like in Clem’s area, we will be 80 F. today.

I’m going to stop at Publix on the way to mom’s house. There is one B1G1 item in particular that I think will sell out and I have a coupon that will make the price very low. I’ll use one of my $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupons also.

At mom’s house I’m planning to work on the area around the bougainvillea. I was out there on Monday and did a bit but even without rain it needed work. Ferns grow in the grass if I don’t keep them under control. And the bougainvillea itself needs trimming.

I think the “messy” house behind mom’s house may have been sold. I forgot to drive by on Monday. All the vines on the fence that I had to control from my side were gone. I’m hoping that the new owner, if there is one, will keep the yard in better shape. I’d need to drag the ladder from the garage to the backyard to look over the fence but I might do it.

Have a good day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Brittney Griner was just released from Russia.....thank God.