Daily Check In January 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check In January 23, 2023

Post by jgomez1002 »

Good Afternoon Everyone!
It is snowing! The snow is a very soft powder and we must have already got more than a foot. It is still snowing hard and not expected to stop until this evening. School was canceled giving everyone a four day weekend because it snowed on Friday. It is supposed to again on Wednesday night into Thursday. I think we will go snowmobiling again next weekend.

We got our new hood for the stove installed Saturday morning and I LOVE IT! It has dim and bright lights and wonderful, silent exhaust. The screens can easily be removed and cleaned.

I don't feel like Ive accomplished a whole lot today.But, the day is not finished. I've cleaned snow off the cars once and swept the porch/steps twice. I walked over to check on our 86 year old neighbor. She walks with a cane and stays indoors on days like this and much of the winter. I had a cup of Hazelnut coffee with her and a nice visit. She made tourtiere this weekend and sent me home with half a pie. DH and I had some with salad for lunch. So good. DH keeps her driveway snowblown. He has about three neighbors that he always does the driveway for. They are in their 80's and really shouldn't over do it with the shoveling or snowblower.

I am going to balance my checkbook , sweep floors, and spend some time knitting on a dishcloth. I should finish it today or tomorrow. I love hand knit cotton dishcloths, but don't really love knitting with cotton. It doesn't slide easily on the needles. I prefer wool.

I have leftover pot roast that is delicious. I think I'll use some of it and make shredded beef enchiladas for dinner tonight. Good with some stuffed jalapenos for dinner.

Take Care Everyone,
JGomez
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

a check engine light that persists when they cannot find anything almost always means there is not a perfect seal on the gas cap, or in older cars that it was not tightened enough. If the mechanic can't find a code when they do the test and if the car does not hesitate on hill or at lights you should be fine

I seem to recall watching the road show on PBS but I am not sure if it was filmed at the actual home or the museum, it has been awhile.

I finished the main portion of my topper, now to add a couple borders so it hangs of the table. While there I will cut out some bags and pillowcases and such and put them on my facebook page to see if any one wants them..

I just scarfed down two hot dogs, but since I had no carbs for breakfast I am okay. Dinner will be chicken pot pie with biscuits and mandarin oranges.

Off to do more things.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:41 pm Those sound gorgeous! The Flagler Musuem in St. Augustine is wonderful too. We went there about ten years ago. That's a really nice town to visit early in the spring.
It has been years since I’ve been in St. Augustine and I’ve never been to the Flagler Museum but would like to go there. That would be a two to three day trip for me. It’s definitely on my list.
floridacatlover

jgomez1002 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:27 pm I'm so glad you described the museum. I've been wondering if the Ringling museum would be worth the trip next time we're in Florida. We go to Bradenton regularly and I am so glad DH will drive anywhere with no problem. He likes driving! I think the toughest drive we ever did was in Miami at rush hour during Tropical Storm Nicole. That was miserable. I also want to go to the Dahli Museum.

JGomez
I am not a big fan of Dali but the museum itself is beautiful and in a wonderful location. If you go, take the tour because they talk about the symbolism which gives a whole different view of the art.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

I’m irked. I did not get my mail today. I stopped on my way home and also walked up there just now. There are five items in the Informed Mail including my bank statement and letter from my HOA. I never get the grocery ads any more. I never see my neighbor on one side (renters) and have the feeling they might get my mail sometimes and just toss it. Former neighbor sometimes got my mail and always gave it to me. I’m going to try to catch the mail delivery person tomorrow. Generally they come early.

I put a note in the mailbox and called the neighbor.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:13 pm Good Afternoon Everyone!
It is snowing! The snow is a very soft powder and we must have already got more than a foot. It is still snowing hard and not expected to stop until this evening. School was canceled giving everyone a four day weekend because it snowed on Friday. It is supposed to again on Wednesday night into Thursday. I think we will go snowmobiling again next weekend.

We got our new hood for the stove installed Saturday morning and I LOVE IT! It has dim and bright lights and wonderful, silent exhaust. The screens can easily be removed and cleaned.

I don't feel like Ive accomplished a whole lot today.But, the day is not finished. I've cleaned snow off the cars once and swept the porch/steps twice. I walked over to check on our 86 year old neighbor. She walks with a cane and stays indoors on days like this and much of the winter. I had a cup of Hazelnut coffee with her and a nice visit. She made tourtiere this weekend and sent me home with half a pie. DH and I had some with salad for lunch. So good. DH keeps her driveway snowblown. He has about three neighbors that he always does the driveway for. They are in their 80's and really shouldn't over do it with the shoveling or snowblower.

I am going to balance my checkbook , sweep floors, and spend some time knitting on a dishcloth. I should finish it today or tomorrow. I love hand knit cotton dishcloths, but don't really love knitting with cotton. It doesn't slide easily on the needles. I prefer wool.

I have leftover pot roast that is delicious. I think I'll use some of it and make shredded beef enchiladas for dinner tonight. Good with some stuffed jalapenos for dinner.

Take Care Everyone,
JGomez
I know exactly what you mean about knitting with cotton yarn. That is why when I knit with cotton I make many more dishcloths or bags than I will need and store the others for the next year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/