Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We are expecting a winter storm here tomorrow..snow ..ice. We have a whole house generator so no worries if the power goes out. We put that in years ago as we have several outages every year.
I haven't noticed Creative on here in a while. Maybe I have just missed her posts. Hope all is well with her.
I am in such a cooking rut right now..nothing appeals to me. I don't know what that is all about.
Have a great day everyone!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Man, I am just useless when it's overcast. If it's sunny and cold I still stay home but when its overcast or rainy, I am no good, even though I am home all day and could be doing things. but I know how badly we need the rain, so I will suffer as I can here, lol.

My kinda sorta halfway list will probably get about kinda sorta half way done, i feel. Gonna get up in a ew and deal with clothes that may need to be rewashed, and a clothing pile tha needs to be organized in my room. Other than that no guarantees today.

Sewing, knitting and reading under blankets are on my agenda today. Reading Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow.

I'll have a pizza and a salad bowl for dinner and perhaps soup and crackers for lunch. Things that require no or minimal dishes today.

I may need to turn up the heat and even stay in my lounger.

Off to try and be constructive in some small way.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until 7:33 this morning, but I am having trouble getting going.

My garbage and trash is gathered and out.

I want to take advantage of the Affordable connectivity program, but at the same time I don’t want to lose my SafeLink phone service. Though I bet the dollar amounts are close to the same if not better for the phone. I used to buy a card for unlimited minutes and 5mb of data. During the pandemic emergency I haven’t had to. So I am not sure. I only have the one phone.

I spent the morning looking for some information, I finally found it after 1 1/2 hours of looking. It had slipped under a bin in the cabinet where I keep it.

That took most of my morning. I need to find out more before I do anything.

All the information I have seen is more than the phone would cost me even when I have to buy minutes again.

So right now it look like if I can have phone from SafeLink or a discount on my Internet I will take SafeLink.

Penny
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

bad news on DH's toe, he is going to lose it :|

We feel blindsided by the news.

The infection DR called yesterday, she is letting us have the infusion antibiotics until Feb 8 2023 then, I guess that there is a decision to be made.

we arent happy (DUH)

But we had talked to The Hanger Clinic" where DH gets his prosthetic, and there are things that they can
do.

DH says that as long as he can use a walker and not have to be in a wheelchair he will be ok. Man, I have to give him credit. not happy, but and ...

Big Smile, an ice cream truck came down the street yesterday :lol: I didn't see anyone buying any ice cream, but I did see lots of smiles.

a neighbor dropped by yesterday, her dogs just died, one in Dec 2022 and the other yesterday, she was beyond herself. The dogs were littermates and about 15 years old, but as we all know none of that matters, her heart is broken.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, ICFrugal, that is crushing news. You guys really thought he was getting better. (((Hugs))) And I am so sorry about your neighbors dogs. They often go down fast when they lose their sibling.

I have done some chores, got my laundry washing, and fed the pups. This is a major production because the youngest is a resource guarder but can't bear to be separated from Lily. So the oldest dog eats in a different room and the other two eat in the kitchen a certain distance apart with gentle encouragement.

The sun has unexpectedly popped out. Our back yard is in serious need of raking, but my thumbs have been so painful that I am not going to even try to hold a rake. It can just be a mess until DS starts mowing it.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal2 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:10 pm bad news on DH's toe, he is going to lose it :|

We feel blindsided by the news.

The infection DR called yesterday, she is letting us have the infusion antibiotics until Feb 8 2023 then, I guess that there is a decision to be made.

we arent happy (DUH)

But we had talked to The Hanger Clinic" where DH gets his prosthetic, and there are things that they can
do.

DH says that as long as he can use a walker and not have to be in a wheelchair he will be ok. Man, I have to give him credit. not happy, but and ...

Big Smile, an ice cream truck came down the street yesterday :lol: I didn't see anyone buying any ice cream, but I did see lots of smiles.

a neighbor dropped by yesterday, her dogs just died, one in Dec 2022 and the other yesterday, she was beyond herself. The dogs were littermates and about 15 years old, but as we all know none of that matters, her heart is broken.

IC
I am so sorry to hear this, IC. You and your DH have worked so hard on the infusion. I hope he can use a walker.