Daily Check In January 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept okay last night....once I finally got to sleep. :?
I have my BBQ pulled pork simmering on the woodstove, it's on a metal trivet to simmer slowly. I also have a small pot of apples on there also. I had 2 apples that were not going to get eaten and so cooked apples it is! They were 2 apples that DD2 brought from the office, someone brought in fruit and they were just going to throw them away. On another part of the wood stove is a small pot of Yankee noodles. so the surface is mostly covered with food LOL.

The oranges I bought the other day are so sweet! I am going to have to pace myself on eating them LOL.
Tonight I am putting orange slices and red raspberries along with candied pecans on my salad. I am looking forward to that salad!
I sorted out my recipe for copycat Bob Evans Colonial salad dressing and am going to make some. I love that stuff.
It has been snowing off and on today. I think we have about 4" and it is wet heavy snow. I have the decks cleared and the walkway but no going to bother with the drive, it will get pushed tomorrow if needed. I am not planning on going anywhere. It is cold but not awful, so that's good. A good day to stay in and piddle around.
The snow is so wet and heavy that it is falling from the trees is heavy clumps, sound like nuts hitting the house.
Off to get started again.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, your cooking always sounds so good. Maggie, I have a terrible time with passwords and actually have to rely on written notes.

I am back from the allergy clinic, which was not fast-paced. It turns out that a childhood reaction to penicillin usually never happens again after a decade has passed, so it is important for anyone who only had hives as a reaction to be tested so they can be properly classified as truly allergic or not allergic. So that was cool to learn. I'll be tested on Feb. 15. It takes most of the morning.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Still can't get the markings onto the knit dress fabric, so I will have to wait on sewing those for a bit. Not a biggy as I have lots of other things I can finish up or even start if necessary (which might be as it is not what I would call good weather for cross stitching).

It snowed off and on for most of the morning. That enabled me to get 3 cupboards cleaned (only one left now) and toss a few things that were no longer in good shape. My goodness do I have a lot of baking pans. I may ask youngest DS if he could use some loaf pans, cake pans, and whatever else I find I have a great many of. May as well give them to him rather than the second hand stores, if he can use them.

Started boiling the eggs for egg salad, made a lovely loaf of bread, and have done some knitting. Watching a few shows I had recorded on the PVR.

I really like days where things move along and I manage to get lots completed.

Off to do some more knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:38 pm Kitty, your cooking always sounds so good. Maggie, I have a terrible time with passwords and actually have to rely on written notes.

I am back from the allergy clinic, which was not fast-paced. It turns out that a childhood reaction to penicillin usually never happens again after a decade has passed, so it is important for anyone who only had hives as a reaction to be tested so they can be properly classified as truly allergic or not allergic. So that was cool to learn. I'll be tested on Feb. 15. It takes most of the morning.
Mackie, my mom had a bad reaction to penicillin when she was in her teens or twenties. She had hives and I’m not sure what other reaction. Back then the doctor told her that if she had penicillin again she could die. So the rest of her life she told doctors that she was allergic to it. I can’t remember her ever needing an alternative like amoxicillin. It is great that now testing is possible. I hope that you are not allergic but glad you will know for sure.

It’s great that Lily Dog is so much better!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:38 pm Kitty, your cooking always sounds so good. Maggie, I have a terrible time with passwords and actually have to rely on written notes.

I have notes and also notes on my phone. I have too many accounts.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was printing out receipts for a couple of things I paid today - house gas bill.

Barely printed - almost out of ink.

So I jumped on HP site and ordered some black ink. It was a shock. Maybe since I haven't ordered ink in so long. Almost 30 dollars for one cartridge.

I am going to have to see what I paid before.

With tax season coming up, I will be printing copies of that. So need it.