Daily Check In February 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 1, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:15 pm I have not paid for deodorant in a long time - if you count getting CVS ECBs as getting it free. I use Sure solid. No it is not aluminum free. Even though most free CVS free items have gone by the wayside I have still been able to catch the Sure deal in recent years. I think it is 2/$2 and get $2 in ECBs but maybe it is 2/$4 with a $2 coupon and then get the $2 in ECBs.
We don't have anything like that here, I wish we did.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH hates the Scott single ply toilet paper, but I think it's fine. The stuff the university put in the office bathrooms was cheaper and far harsher than Scott. It could be twirled into an unbreakable little piece of rope!
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 pm I have been back to wearing a mask in stores for several months. As I've gotten older, almost every cold gives me an ear infection and it's an experience I'd rather skip. Plus, DH is now high-risk.

I am back from the grocery store. Did not buy any milk, bread, nuts or meat, so the amount was well under budget. The store had issued some coupons. One was for $1 off a jar of Teddie's peanut butter, which was on sale for $2.99. So the final cost was $1.99 -- a screaming deal. Also used a coupon for two bags of frozen peas and carrots to cook a little at a time and add to Rosie Dog's food to help her lose a little weight. She needs to lose only about three pounds.

Count me among those terrified of falling. Another hard landing one either of my knees will finish it off.
Mackie, I just love that Teddy's peanut butter - it is is $3.89 for the 1 lb. jar here at the regular price.

Same with the falling. My left knee took months to heal the first time - the recent fall I was luckier - it wasn't as bad but it didn't do me any good either.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:10 pm From now on I’m going to call it Dollar and a Quarter Tree. I like it and it fits.
I call it the thirty dollar tree because - you know - I run in for envelopes and come out $30 later (not so much anymore, I've cracked down on that habit!).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

So very tired. I've been in bed since 6 p.m. and keep nodding off trying to read the forum. I guess I will give up the fight and go to sleep.

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 pm I call it the thirty dollar tree because - you know - I run in for envelopes and come out $30 later (not so much anymore, I've cracked down on that habit!).
I had not been there in ages, as I go only when dropping off something at Goodwill. I was looking for rice, but there was none to be had.
Mackie