Daily Check In February 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well the day started off just great and then.... I started to feel sick, tummy twirling and almost feeling like wanting to vomit. That didn't happen, but it was scary for most of the day. The tummy just started settling about an hour ago.

This means I did not get as much work done as I had hoped. No sewing, and just a bit of knitting done. Hopefully I will get more knitting done tonight.

I did package up all the meat before I got sick so that was a plus. All is residing in my meat freezer.

Supper is warming up in the oven and I hope to be able to eat a little bit. I may hit the bed with a new read early tonight.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Jackie, Sandi and Sheila, feel better...

It is all over the news that a Chinese spy balloon is going over the USA, Biden wanted to shoot it down but the pentagon said too much danger from falling debris. Scary....

I made mashed potatoes today as I have 4 white potatoes that needed used. So that with some stew on top is supper. I sautéed the sweet potatoes and they are in the fridge.
Went for coffee at the DD's, they are going to crock pot a ham for the weekend and will take ham for lunches, I will have ham and cheese potatoes with them. My only request was save the bone and broth for me to make beans LOL. They were almost giddy with excitement when I said I am making chex mix tomorrow :roll: .

I brought in some extra wood as it is supposed to dip to -10 tonight and be frigid tomorrow.

Clem, I would be using some of that fish and making fish tacos....my favorite tacos. :lol:
Mackie, can you use a disposable diaper on Lily? I think maybe cutting a hole for her tail?
Going to watch TV and veg out for a bit.

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, I am so sorry you didn't feel well today. Upset tummies are the worst!

I made some popcorn and there is a lot left over that I'm sure I'll eat up over the upcoming weekend. I am sipping a bit of decaf with pumpkin creamer - not as tired tonight as I have been.

The dogs have had their long walk and are asleep. I can hear DD's dog barking in their quarters because DD and her SO have walked to the grocery store - how dare they go out without her, lol! I could let her out into the "common space" and she would hush up but they won't be gone but a few more minutes and I am too comfortable to move.

Not sure how much longer I'll be up - not too long I hope or I'll be dragging in the morning.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, I thought about trying a baby diaper on her, but her tummy is somewhat swollen from fluid and she would be hard to fit. I am going to fold a thin, old quilt into a bed on the bed for her and put the waterproof crib pad under the top layer. It's a good-size pad and should do the trick.

We have doggie diapers in the proper size coming Saturday from Amazon, as this condition will probably get worse as the illness progresses.

Sheila, I am so glad you are feeling a bit better and hope tomorrow is a good day. Jackie, I hope your tummy settles down.

It was pouring rain here a while ago. It's supposed to be very windy and cold tomorrow: getting Clem and Quilter's weather.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:54 pm Update

Well the day started off just great and then.... I started to feel sick, tummy twirling and almost feeling like wanting to vomit. That didn't happen, but it was scary for most of the day. The tummy just started settling about an hour ago.

This means I did not get as much work done as I had hoped. No sewing, and just a bit of knitting done. Hopefully I will get more knitting done tonight.

I did package up all the meat before I got sick so that was a plus. All is residing in my meat freezer.

Supper is warming up in the oven and I hope to be able to eat a little bit. I may hit the bed with a new read early tonight.
Jackie..I hope that passes quickly!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Wishing better feels to everyone!

It got in the thirties today and things melted, but it's down to 24 tonight so I am dripping and cabinet opening. And it will be a complete disaster in the morning until who knows when.

I had an appointment for a pickup for a few things tomorrow afternoon but Walmart cancelled it. Which is fine. The only thing I was out of was eggs. Which just means I won't be baking anything for coffee hour but I have GS cookies coming. And I have been wanting to try making air fry donuts from a pack of biscuits and cunhy6jm7tting out the whole so I may do that.

I did not sew or knit today but I did make a new filing system, then I appropriated one of the large 11 by 8 bullet journal type notebooks and tore out a few used pages. I am going to make an annual calendar in the front and use the rest for stuff like what I want to plan for the next year and other lists and such that I can cross off on a yearly basis. Still experimenting. I'll use my small note book for day by day planning and notes, we'll see.

Since I am going by the assumption that I am home all day tomorrow or at least untl late afternoon I will adjust my plans. I'll work some more on organizing and exercise and then choose an intense project in the afternoon.

I suddenly have a small spot on my wrist that's dark out of no where, Will keep an eye on it and ssee what kind of thing it is. I did just have my skin exam.

Of for some pre bedtime things - not too many as it's already late nad it will probably be midnight tonight.