Daily Check In February 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:44 pm Sheila,

You and I have a lot in common! How terrible to have to find out about your Mom on FACEBOOK! Good cripes! That's the kind of stuff I've put up with for decades. It's family. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

At Christmas, my sister tried to "mend" the family by trying to get *ME* to make "amends." I told her it wasn't my choice to be on the outside. That was Nori's choice and I couldn't invade her choices and decisions. I have nothing to do with it. I get messages from my cousin, Dan, in Nashville when he hears what's going on in the family as he knows I won't hear about it.

The things we have to deal with because of childhood and family. Sigh.

I hope your mother will be okay. AND if the doggos are eating donkey? I hope they don't get sick!

MJ
I get along with all of my family members. I have two brothers that do not speak to each other. Why? I do not know. I hate that one calls me to check what is going on. Hello - ask him!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Ham and cheese potatoes for supper at the kids and it was delightful, those honey cured spiral hams are tasty and I am not a ham lover! They were already talking ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch next week. I do love a bargain and the ham was most definitely a bargain.

Middle grand asked me if I have prices in stores memorized LOL. I told her that I am a walking price book.

Sheila, I think it is a shame that you found out about your mom via Facebook, I found out about my brothers 2 very serious health issues via the same. I am not on it but the DD's are so that is how they found out. He lives on the other side of the same woods I do. I can literally see their house thru the trees in the winter. But he is the one that said he "was done with me" after my dad died. In many ways it has been a great relief to have been cut off, much more peaceful for me. Sad but true, and I have the added bonus of not having to deal with the evil niece.
I will pray for your parents.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm Update:

Ham and cheese potatoes for supper at the kids and it was delightful, those honey cured spiral hams are tasty and I am not a ham lover! They were already talking ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch next week. I do love a bargain and the ham was most definitely a bargain.

Middle grand asked me if I have prices in stores memorized LOL. I told her that I am a walking price book.

Sheila, I think it is a shame that you found out about your mom via Facebook, I found out about my brothers 2 very serious health issues via the same. I am not on it but the DD's are so that is how they found out. He lives on the other side of the same woods I do. I can literally see their house thru the trees in the winter. But he is the one that said he "was done with me" after my dad died. In many ways it has been a great relief to have been cut off, much more peaceful for me. Sad but true, and I have the added bonus of not having to deal with the evil niece.
I will pray for your parents.
JCKitty
I hate that all family cannot get along. Very sad!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Everyone's suppers sound so good. It must be the cold weather, but I was hungry as a bear all day. For supper, I fixed a small baked potato topped with some homemade baked beans and a fried egg. Should have put some cheese on it, but drank a protein shake instead. The kitty is in my lap or I would go get an orange as a snack.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm So I apologize in advance if there is any mindlesss swearing in this post.

I NEVER, literally go shopping on the weekends. Once in every other blue moon a pick up perhaps. I do occasionall eat out on the weekend with family but nothing else. Well beteen the lock in and the first nice day and ging out of a few necessties, I went out.

I will not be the same for quite awhile I ell you. Going out among the people ont he weekend is truly, highly stressfun.AND Walmart had literally no eggs, so then I had to go to Kroger where I did get three dozen vital farm eggs and would have gotten more but didn't want to be on anyone's hoarder list.

Between that and a couple other adventures my day is shot crafting wise I think. I may just read and knit this evening and that's it. I will dedicate tomorrow post church to a large slow cooker of beef stroganoff, my sewing studio and nothing else.

End of my whining for the day.
I usually shop on Saturday, but being a morning person, I go early. If I cannot go before 10 AM, I don't go. I wait. My ex always wanted to go to events/activities such as the mall, at lunchtime or later. Part of it was his love for eating out. But then he started to complain about me wanting to go to festivals and stuff (like free concerts) saying he did not want to be around all those people. it seems more like he did not want to go with me. Probably because I would not let him spend limitlessly.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Well, come to find out, my mom was released from the hospital today, she was just kept overnight for observation. According to DD, my sister's Facebook post was way more dramatic than the actual situation.

My parents just called to see if we can take them some cat food tomorrow. Yes. I will pay for it, DD and her SO will deliver it. I'm going to send them some of the soup I made today as well - I made way more food than I need for the coming week anyway.

DD knows to make sure they have other food in the house and see what else they may need.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz