Daily Check In February 5, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 5, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, but thought I would start us off first.

Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 5, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Seems a bit chilly here in the house this morning, but I know that is not the case. It is a bit cooler temperature wise, but there is a bit of a mist. The dampness from the melting yesterday and what will be happening the next few days, will add to the feeling of chill.

Not much happening in this frugal house. I will be bringing up next weeks main courses from the freezer downstairs (the few that will be from there) and adding in the items of bagged frozen precooked meat. I will even be using a container of chili that was made previously. By mixing all my choices each week we are slowly eating our way down, especially in the fridge freezer.

As far as household tasks, all I need do is make my list for the upcoming week's tasks, get the clean dishes put away, and continue making lists of things we either need to do or need to declutter. Also I need to make lists of what I need to purchase in the city. Just realized late yesterday that I will need to pick up ink for our printer (mind you the ink in an Ecotank lasts a very long time).

Frugally no cash will be spent again today, this means I am starting the month with 4 no spend days. I may make a trip to the church offices tomorrow and drop of the envelope as well as pick up our income tax receipt. That should be the only spending day of that week as well. The week after will be a bit more spendy as that is my trip to the city for my appointment and also the week I will need to go shopping for groceries.

I am going to try something different this month and not have a roast meal every Sunday (will help cut down on leftovers in the fridge). Instead I planned on making other more ordinary meals on some days. I am hoping that this will help me get control and make meal planning a bit easier.

As far as fun things I will probably watch the new season of Death In Paradise, as well as Vera on BritBox. Still thinking that getting Acorn could be a good idea as it costs about the same as BritBox. We shall see, or I may just get the free month and binge watch all I can then cut it.....

I shall also be knitting. So close to finishing things off and being able to start something new.

Supper tonight is going to be smoked sausages, brown beans and the leftover salad I made yesterday. It is quite a big smoked sausage so there will probably be leftovers that, unless Hubby eats them for lunch or snacks, we could get another meal from them. I may warm up the noodles we have in the fridge as well.

Today I am grateful that I have started making lists. A list lets me feel like I am in control, even if it is only the illusion of control.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning everyone. Jackie, I am glad you had a bit of a thaw - it is "warmer" here too. I have observed over the years that a "warm up" outside seems to drive more of a chill into the house.

I was up a couple of times in the night and slept in until after 7:00. Just sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee and watching the town wake up. There is next to no traffic this morning - unusual on this street, even for a Sunday.

The dogs have been out. Lucy is back to bed, Hope is laying behind my chair. They are precious to be sure. I am feeling quite hungry this morning so will see about breakfast soon. I am thinking "breakfast potatoes" and toast as I prefer savory breakfasts to sweet ones. When you don't eat eggs, the savory breakfast options are more limited. Those "fake eggs" are too expensive!! DD made chocolate chip muffins in her rice cooker last night - maybe I'll be gifted another one of those too!

Not sure what I'll get up to today. It may be warm enough in the dining room to work on my puzzle - we will see. I hope you have a good day, one and all! Happy Sunday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a bit warmer today as it's supposed to reach the low to mid-40s, a difference of almost 20 degrees from yesterday and the day before. The long term forecast is showing 40s and 50s going all the way to the 19th of the month.

Was up early around 4:00 this morning and went back to bed around 5:00. Finally got up around 7:30. These 7:00 times are really rare for me but these last few days felt so good.

Finished a coloring page yesterday as well as worked on my "all" gold patterned page. Did only part of 1 row rather than the whole row. Perhaps if I can manage good light I'll try to finish the row today I also finished a book and started another. Managed to find a couple tv shows that were new this week on demand; most were repeats.

Will probably put together my salads for the first part of the month today. Right now I have tacos planned for Monday so hoping that I'll have enough lettuce left over. I'll probably do some more reading and whatever else pops to mind.

Dinner tonight is simple, just a can of Chunky Soup.

Well that's all for now. Have a good day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne dimanche toute le monde!

I am up very early. I was up on and off all night so it's not really all that much different. My wee little Yorkie lass had to go out and investigate a couple of times. I get a laugh. She really doesn't need a potty break, it's more for investigative purposes! It's okay by me as I wasn't sleeping much anyway. Too sore last night but those are the breaks. We had such a nice sleep yesterday that this was okay. :)

I'm not certain what time Tannis and Gary are coming home from Winnipeg. It might be early afternoon if they just check-out of their hotel and have brunch before hitting the road west to Brandon. It's, so far, been a lovely weekend with my girl.

When I get home, my fishies will get fed. I fed them quite often on Friday and so they only missed yesterday. I have some of those gel feeding blocks that go into their tank for any longer than that. I also will have the dishwasher to unload again. I will heat up my beef stew for supper and then later tonight package it up for the freezer.

I, like Jackie and Sheila, am a bit chilled this morning. I am wearing Gary or Tannis's sweatshirt jacket to take Charlee out and have just left it on this time.

We are up now and Charlee is asleep at my feet in the recliner (or dozing) and I am watching the Sunday morning shows.

That's the skinny for now!

MJ

Sheila,
I am so glad your Mom didn't have to stay in the hospital for long. You do have an interesting sister. I have a couple of them! :-)
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Sheila, I’m glad that your mom is home from the hospital.

I slept well. It is a sunny, warm day here in the 70s but we might get rain.

I plan to do my taxes today. I gathered all the statements yesterday and roughed it out on paper using the IRS forms. I’ll file using the IRS free file but unfortunately I don’t qualify this year for the tax prep company I used last year. I only qualify for one company so that will be the one I’ll use. I recently read that only a very small percentage of taxpayers who qualify for the IRS free file use it. I think a lot of people go to one of the storefront tax prep places and pay to have their taxes done when it would be so easy to do them themselves. I actually have a few small tax complications but I’m not going to pay when I can do it myself.

I’ve started sorting my birthday puzzle and will continue with that. I’ve also started watching another Amazon Prime 3-part show, A Very British Scandal with Claire Foy. And then I’m halfway through my book, Skyway. So it will be a nice day.

Have a good day.