Daily Check In February 6, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In February 6, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I only have 1 more floor to do and it will wait till tomorrow. I am tired and just want to veg for awhile.

About keeping chickens... people who are thinking that they will get chicks and then get eggs...it doesn't work like that. They have to get to between 4 and 6 months old before you get eggs and the first several are small pullet eggs. Not like you get in a store. Plus, if you want to go anywhere you have to make arrangements for someone to care for them. You can't just let them go in a coop, you have to shut the door and make it predator safe. I don't "off" the old hens, I just let them cross the bridge on their own. I used to but not anymore. They are a commitment just like a dog or cat to me.

I have delivered spaghetti sauce and now need to find something to eat for supper, it will not be spaghetti for me, maybe tomorrow but not tonight. I am thinking salad and deviled eggs, or a peanut butter marshmallow creme sandwich. Truthfully nothing sounds good but I need to eat protein...

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow and maybe rain. Wouldn't you know I got a check in the mail that I need to deposit, probably tomorrow. Too bad it came after my errand trip this morning....
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:54 pm Update:

I only have 1 more floor to do and it will wait till tomorrow. I am tired and just want to veg for awhile.

About keeping chickens... people who are thinking that they will get chicks and then get eggs...it doesn't work like that. They have to get to between 4 and 6 months old before you get eggs and the first several are small pullet eggs. Not like you get in a store. Plus, if you want to go anywhere you have to make arrangements for someone to care for them. You can't just let them go in a coop, you have to shut the door and make it predator safe. I don't "off" the old hens, I just let them cross the bridge on their own. I used to but not anymore. They are a commitment just like a dog or cat to me.

I have delivered spaghetti sauce and now need to find something to eat for supper, it will not be spaghetti for me, maybe tomorrow but not tonight. I am thinking salad and deviled eggs, or a peanut butter marshmallow creme sandwich. Truthfully nothing sounds good but I need to eat protein...

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow and maybe rain. Wouldn't you know I got a check in the mail that I need to deposit, probably tomorrow. Too bad it came after my errand trip this morning....
JCKitty
Can you do mobile deposit via your phone? My bank has this service and it is very convenient since they do not really have any branches anywhere.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:34 pm This weekend I spent visiting with family, I was exhausted by the time I got home last night. Then getting in to my son's rental car I twisted my right knee. So I iced it last night. I didn't have time to ice it before my appointment today.

This morning my ride was one hour earlier than I was told to plan for. So no time to ice my knee before I left. I saw the podiatrist this morning. my foot problems are arthritis, and referred pain from my back.

I did ice it both front and back when I got home.

Penny
Penny,

That can REALLY hurt when twisting a knee getting into a vehicle! I hope the icing keeps you from hurting!

I was once out doing field work and had to try and get up into one of those really high pick-up trucks. UGH! I sprained my knee really badly and it took WEEKS for the pain to go away and be right again.

It's hard to get into some vehicles now though with how seats are configured and how high they can be, especially SUVs and Vans.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne lundi toute le monde!

I, like Florida, was having a kind of "punk" day. I then realized that 39 years ago this week, we spent the entire week at the Johnson VA Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at my Dad's deathbed. He had pneumonia and was on the highest oxygen level they could safely provide. He was kept comfortable and family and friends were in and out all week. I don't think I left the hospital or the family room from when we arrived from Canada on Feb 3rd, 1984 until the day he died, February 10th. I, of course, looked across my living room to the two 8x10 photos of my Dad, one when he was 17-years old and had joined the US NAVY in his Navy uniform and one when he was all snazzy at mid-30s maybe. THEN I had a good cry. I miss him so much. He'd always call me either from the care home or the VA hospital and say, "Josie? Whatcha doin?" And I'd know he was loney and wanted me to visit. I can't count on how many trips I, or David and I, made trips to Sioux Falls from Brandon in all the years he was sick. I don't regret a single bit of it and will always be grateful to David for all he did to allow me to spend time with my dear Dad.

I didn't get up to anything today but doing some shopping online at Home Hardware for a much bigger kitchen garbage can and, since my dishwasher is/has died with the racks all falling off the slides, a new big Rubbermaid Dish Drainer. The garbage can has been on my "wish list" for quite some time, the dish drainer is new. I'll have to get the dishwasher hauled out. It still works and I can use the lower rack but the top rack is stuck and won't pull out anymore. I can't even jiggle it out. Phooey!

Last week, at the soup kitchen, I noticed a girl with a very nicely knitted neck warmer. I am going to look at some patterns for that tonight. I could always knit a few to donate to the clothing at the Soup Kitchen. It's going to get a lot colder for two more months before we start getting warmer!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello! I am late today.

I called my previous school superintendent and had a discussion about the current state certifications. He retired from the school district when I did, but went to work as superintendent of the unorganized territories of the state of Maine. He does have access to the state database of certified teachers and could tell me info about my certification and how to do my paperwork for recertification. Yeah! I'll be working on it for the next few days. I did scan all of my certificates so they are ready to attach to the state forms....

I made buttermilk blueberry pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast. Yummy. Lunch was Southern green beans with tomatoes and ham served on rice.

We met DH's cousins and saw the movie 80 For Brady late afternoon and then went to Longhorn's for dinner. It was a funny movie. Not Academy Award stuff, but light fun and I enjoyed it. I'd watch it again. Dinner was so so.DH and I each chose the loaded baked potato as a side. We were really surprised to get TWO potatoes each. Our server said they were a little small and we took two potatoes home for lunch tomorrow. NICE!

Regards.
JGomez
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:33 pm Hello! I am late today.

I called my previous school superintendent and had a discussion about the current state certifications. He retired from the school district when I did, but went to work as superintendent of the unorganized territories of the state of Maine. He does have access to the state database of certified teachers and could tell me info about my certification and how to do my paperwork for recertification. Yeah! I'll be working on it for the next few days. I did scan all of my certificates so they are ready to attach to the state forms....

I made buttermilk blueberry pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast. Yummy. Lunch was Southern green beans with tomatoes and ham served on rice.

We met DH's cousins and saw the movie 80 For Brady late afternoon and then went to Longhorn's for dinner. It was a funny movie. Not Academy Award stuff, but light fun and I enjoyed it. I'd watch it again. Dinner was so so.DH and I each chose the loaded baked potato as a side. We were really surprised to get TWO potatoes each. Our server said they were a little small and we took two potatoes home for lunch tomorrow. NICE!

Regards.
JGomez
I was wondering how that movie was. Thanks for letting us all know.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/