Daily Check In February 6, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 6, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Maybe I should do a Clean the desk and other drawers goal for this year??

At least all my bills get paid on time - lol.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:15 pm I need to track my mail better.

I decided to look through some stuff and found my 1099 for 2022. How did I forget I had it? I was going to print it from the military pay site. So had to finally put in the new ink cartridge for my printer. It has been sitting there for about two weeks.

I also need to pay my water bill and print confirmation out. They send an email but i don't trust it

And yes I have a file folder in my desk - but do I use it? No

I'm so bad.
Being old fashioned and liking printed documents, I label a 2-pocket folder for Taxes 2022 (or whatever year) and stuff any tax-related papers in there when I get them in the mail or print them out. Last year I started the folder when I cashed my EE savings bonds and I’ll do the same this year.

I try to be organized but when I was doing my taxes yesterday (or any year), my desk and floor looked like a hurricane had hit with papers scattered everywhere.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH is so organized about papers. I just stuff things in the right drawer. One of my retirement projects is to clean out the pet and health insurance files because they are a multi-year mess.

I have the Monday cooking done except for the last little bit: got the chicken in the oven and will heat up some green beans. Made a dozen apple-cinnamon bran muffins for breakfasts, a pot of white bean-chicken-spinach soup for my lunches, and a huge stockpot of what can best be termed chop suey for the dogs.

I boiled two bags of tilapia for the dogs, added a pound of whole grain spaghetti broken up small, a bag of carrots and peas, green beans, and cooked beaten eggs. The vegetables were all chopped up fine in the food processor because one of the dogs does not like visible veggies and will pick them out. Nothing says love like being elbow deep in boiled fish. :-D

They absolutely loved it. Lily Dog has been too sick to eat today and she ate a little plateful once I hand-fed her a few bites. She loves fish, eggs and pasta, so I was pretty sure it would work.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I still have pet records for some of my pets that have crossed the rainbow bridge years ago. Just so hard to get rid of them.

They are in their own file container.

I threw out some old bills that had already been paid. I still get the utility bills in paper form. And they tend to hang around here and there.

I did clear half of one drawer.

I got several checks from family last year for different things that I took care of - the ones that live out of town. I do mobile deposit and I still had the checks. Got rid of all that today.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening, everybody. I was TIRED today, got out of work at 4:30 was home and fed and in pajamas by 5:10. Oh and I let the dogs out.

I did not want to get going this morning - I literally stayed in bed drinking coffee till after 7:30 - I have to clock in at work by 8:30 - I made it.

All the talk about bills and filing - I do hang onto my utility bills - I have a few that I could use to show DD what my bills run when they are NOT here - and I save the ones from when they ARE here and mark on them how much they paid toward it - just so we have a record. Why would we need a record? I have no earthly idea.

Supper was good. I warmed up some roasted potatoes and broccoli and added some salsa and dumped it all on top of toast. Fast, filling, frugal.

Dogs are snoozing on my bed, waiting patiently for their evening walk. I am going to putter till sleep time - crosswords, surveys, reading, some YouTube, etc.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I do not get paper bills and have not in quite a few years. the exceptions are a very rare medical bill or a reminder of something that skipped my mind which is exceeding rare. I get an electronic bill in the mail and also a text from many, like the city (who provides my heat and electricity). My banking is all elecronic. unfortunately medicare sends me quarterly statements and my health insurance sends me something for each bill (and when you do PT twice a week thats a bunch. I wish they would do those only electronic as well. My phone, my utilities, my rent and my car payment are all deducted. the rest I pay manually.

This afternoon I started a valentine canvas with acrylics to make something for my entry way. and I made one prototype spring bag for the craft show season (it was already cut out) . I also completely finished the puzzle. It kept saying all the word boxes were filled but it wasnt righta nd it took be a couple go thrus to catch my mistake but I got it.

Now to bring my studio back to zero or at least where it was this morning and then do some planning or knitting this evening. I just got the new season of Astrid so I have a thing to watch.

I am now going to bring my disaster area back to zero,