Daily Check In February 6, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 6, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

I got a sudden craving for tunafish salad. So I put some eggs on to boil

Down to two packs of tuna. Will have to stock up!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I guess the sun isn't coming out after all - boooo!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been to the store. On the way home I called the police about someone panhandling on the corner of our road. Panhandling is prohibited here, but reporting the homeless who do it is actually not a mean thing, as they often need services only available in the big city and our police will take them there.

The big city has dedicated shelters, free medical care, a community kitchen, free clothing and shoes, free addiction care, and the best that happens here is the Episcopal church food pantry gives out homeless suitable food packs once a week, which is wonderfully kind that the church makes a special effort as part of helping those who need food.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning

late check in as I got up very early and went to the mart to buy a few grocery fill ins for meals (frozen fruit and veg, hamburger rolls, a few other things). Also some organizational bins as I am trying to store nothing in cardboard int he house. Walking on that hard floor though-two thousand steps later and I am legs up with not all put away.

The good news is that I don't have to leave again unless I want to until Wed noon. Then I need to do a small errand circuit (drop off, pick up, drop off, lol) as well as go to mass and have my dr appt when we will find out how my sugar is doing, oh joy.

Only absolutes for the house are to vaccum at least the living/dining area, and start sorty clothes for the wash. not sure about lunch cause I had a sausage egg muffin on my way to shop, but dinner will be a burger with a whole wheat bun and an avocado salad bowl.

Since I am trying to be screen free in my bedroom time and before I will save my knitting for the bedroom and try to read for awhile this afternoon or evening (my kindle has an amber screen but I am still trying to day read and not at bedtime).

I believe that I will do the nY times crossword here while I am reclining, and then head to the sewing space and dosurveys in between my creativity bursts.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept okay until about 5:30 or so and then restless so I got up and have been getting stuff done but am already tired :?
Errands are done and started my "circuit " by going to the recycle depot. I had to go to the farm store, holy man! the chicken feed has gone up it is now 17.99 per bag. It used to be 10.99 .... No wonder egg prices are up.
I have been unloading and putting away, while cooking a huge pot of spaghetti sauce on the woodstove. It is for sharing, I also am thawing some chicken leg and thighs, I am thawing them because I accidently broke the bag while digging around in the freezer :roll: .
I have a batch of granola going also.
It is bright and sunny but cool, and muddy but oh well...I will take the sun. :lol:
I hope to get floors cleaned and then get some outdoor work done. Depends on the mud...

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This weekend I spent visiting with family, I was exhausted by the time I got home last night. Then getting in to my son's rental car I twisted my right knee. So I iced it last night. I didn't have time to ice it before my appointment today.

This morning my ride was one hour earlier than I was told to plan for. So no time to ice my knee before I left. I saw the podiatrist this morning. my foot problems are arthritis, and referred pain from my back.

I did ice it both front and back when I got home.

Penny