Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:15 pm Mackie, I am thinking of you and your Lily.

The rain continues. I'm enjoying the peace while my dogs are out with the kiddos. They are taking advantage of the warm-up and going on an extra long stroll, tire the babies right out. I have my tea and molasses cookies and am thoroughly enjoying the break.

It is not cold enough to have the heat on in my bedroom - but I do have the heating pad under my feet - feels sooooooo good - and helps warm up the whole bed, actually.

I hope I am tired enough to sleep soon - it is amazing what a difference a half way decent sleep makes - well, you all understand. Take care, everyone.
Thank you, Sheila. I hope you sleep well tonight.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Thank you everyone for the advice for the Soup Kitchen. I am hoping it goes well. I am thinking I will go tomorrow. I am hoping for a ham lunch! It just depends on when I get up and if I am ready to go when the time comes.

I got in a shower and a nap this afternoon. That was nice and I did a bunch of reading too.

I forgot the State of the Union speech was on tonight until I turned the channel over to see if Anderson Cooper was on CNN. That's when I found out. I am going to watch it and am particularly interested to hear what trump's drone in Arkansas (sarah huckabee) has to say in her reply.

I haven't made supper yet. I think it is going to be scrambled eggs and a couple of potato patties.

That's the gig from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes I also have Anderson Cooper on and waiting for the State of the Union.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Just spoke to my older sister, my nephew is out.

He is calling them for rides, help, etc, and they told him NO!!!!!!

I don't know how the younger sister will handle her son being out, not good. I hope that she will remember that he is choosing to be homeless. But he knows that he can wear her down, but they can't live together.

IC
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone.

It has been a good day. I've been busy, but never seem to accomplish all that is on my to do list.

I was up at 7:15, showered and mde it to the Senior Center and met a friend for 45 minutes of walking. Then we attended the 9am chair yoga class. It is a great time and very relaxing. It cost $10 a year to belong to the Senior Center and yoga classes are $2 each. Well worth the money.

I went to CVS and finally got my jardiance prescription straightened out. I have been there 3 times since Friday and they keep messing it up. I finally asked if my prescription could be filled at the "old" CVS a mile away. THe "old" CVS straightened out the mess in an hour. I have decided I am transferring all my presctriptions to the "old" CVS.

I spent some time visiting with a homebound neighbor today. We had a good visit, lots of laughs, and the coffee was good. DH spent time visiting another neighbor, fixing his new computer and raked the snow of his roof.

Lunch was leftover loaded baked potatoes from our Longhorn dinner last night. We each got two potaoes with our dinner because they thought the potatoes were a little small. THey were plenty big. Dinner was Turkey Divan on fresh fettucini. So good and I haven't made it in a LONG time.

We saw the movie 80 for brady last night with DH's cousins. DH thought it was good. I laughed quite a bit, and so did he. It is not an Academy Award winner, but the relationships the women have for each other is what makes the movie. Ther are a lot of unexpected funny moments in the movie. Brady is good. He can actually talk! I'd watch it again.

We saw Fableman a few weeks ago with the cousins. All four of us thought it was a very good movie. We tried to watch the Banshee movie (the Irish movie) and found another movie after watching it a half hour. Too slow and boring even though the scenery was beautiful. I was the only one that ws into it at all, and that was because of the historical, cultural part.

I made some progress with my certification with the state. I got into my account, reset my password and now know what I need to do to be recertified. I scanned all of my cerificates and now need to convert them all to pdf's. I can probably spend some time tomorrow and work on getting everything into the state. I should finish by the end of the week.

Have a great evening!
JGomez
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:13 pm Yes I also have Anderson Cooper on and waiting for the State of the Union.
I'm all for watching the State of the Union and other politcal events. I am tired though of all the stupid standing and clapping at everything. Stop doing that and let the speech go on!! LOL

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.