Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Very sluggish this morning. I slept well. I forced myself to get out of bed. Pups have been out.

Tried to drink some coffee - no go.

It is overcast outside. no sun wah

Hope all have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, that is such wonderful news that your nerve block worked! And good for you for being a proactive patient and reminding them about that horrible disaster that was inflicted on you.

It's warmed up here, thank heavens, and there's a soft rain coming down. DS mowed the front and back yards yesterday afternoon. We used to not have to do a full mowing until April, but the weather patterns have definitely changed.

Today I need to go to the other grocery store to buy bread flour. Also need carrots, as it turned out most of ours are ready for the stockpot. Egg salad for lunch is sounding good.

There will be productive puttering going on, along with the eternal laundry.

Hope you all have a day of peace.
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Thinking about and praying for ICFrugal. That is so, so hard! Take very special care!

Creative
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I am happy that worked for you, patty. I have neuropathy but to date nothing like that although there are days when I eat extremely poorly and they bother me at night.

I am also praying for IC

I spent the night waking up at least twice feeling like I was going to be ill but not having it happen. But I decided to stay home from everything including Wednesday mass just in case. Things seem to have settled and I may actually go out and get some lunc later as I am wondering if it was last night's smoked turkey sausage with scalloped potatoes that did the trick somehow.

so today will be a mainly stay at home day, with sewing and rading and perhaps some taxes.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion, but since this is probably the only place I can say this, I am seriously thinking of having my kid take over my finances. In the last year I have made some stupid mistakes, mistakes that I did not make earlier even during thos crazy post funeral times, for those of you who remember that debacle year or so. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my brain but I seem incapable lately of not doing stupid things like borrowing or using cash apps. And I make more than enough money to live on. More than enough! I have a disconnect in this one area for whatever reason, so this needs to be rectified.and I want to do some things and I want to be able to help family.

Like I said, please don't make this a discussion, but I had to at least say it out loud. at least once.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sounds like a good plan Quilter.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, that sounds like an excellent plan. That mess-up earlier has caused you a lot of heartache.
Mackie