Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in March 22, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:24 am Good morning, all. I have been up since 4, lol. My eyes popped open and I felt as if I’d slept long enough, so up I got. It’s nice early in the morning. Everything is quiet and shadowed…lovely atmosphere. I’m on my second Tervis cup of iced coffee/cream, and I have finished off a 32 oz yeti-type cup of water. Time to refill. I just feel better, like overall, when I drink a lot of water – especially in the morning. Weird but I’ll take it and run with it (what if I could run?) ☺

IC Frugal, thinking of you and praying for your husband—and you.

Quilter, when you talked about your episode of ‘stuckness’ and not much motivation to do the stuff, I can so relate. The thing that comes easily to mind is in my writing. I want to want to do it; I need to do it, but the feeling is just meh. With that particular malady, my savior has been regular deadlines. I’m a finisher for the most part, and having mini-deadlines has transformed my writing. I can remember not so long ago that when we were having company come to stay, I would clean and scrub. Then after they’d leave it would be so wonderful to have a spic-n-span house. I always said if we didn’t have company, I’d never deep-clean anything. Now…if anyone comes, they just come into our reality. No, the floors aren’t spotless and there’s dog hair on the furniture. Oh well. Disability has colored my expectations for sure.

Well friends, I had my caudal (nerve) block yesterday morning. It was at the same facility where I contracted MRSA in 2020, and I told every single employee about it and made them swear that the policies have been updated and the facility is a different place now, under the new medical director. I also reminded my doctor, just to be sure it was on his mind during the actual procedure. Of course, this procedure wasn’t nearly as invasive as implanting the stim unit. This was basically just a giant needle going into my spine.

During the procedure I had local pain relief and IV conscious sedation. I prefer that because I can talk to the doctor during the procedure. After, I told DH that I think he went into a much deeper place within my spine – specifically all the way down my S-levels. (There’s some pain still, and pressure, that lets you know exactly where the medicine is being pushed to.) Sorry if this is TMI but I told DH I felt like the steroid went down in between my crack, LOL. Anyway, it went fine and we were home by 8:30 (after DH took a side trip to Chik-Filet drive through. Oh heavens, their chicken minis…………. It’s been years since I had them, but they were every bit as good as I remember.

So last night I felt pretty much the same. No discernable difference in my feet ‘electricity’. I was mildly disappointed, but not much, because I simply did not allow myself to really believe that this procedure could change anything. Of course, the discharge paperwork tells you that it can take up to 36 hours to begin feeling a difference, and up to two weeks to get total improvement. So, imagine my shock this morning when I put my feet on the floor and the feeling of sparklers going off in my foot is markedly decreased. I’m almost afraid to say it out loud, but I think it’s helping. OMG! My mind keeps telling me to just slow down, that maybe it’s just a ‘good day’ and the minute I eat something with any carbs it will bring it all back full force, that actually saying it out loud will jinx it. But y’all…this is nothing short of amazing. My feet are still terribly numb. Actually, the numbness is even more pronounced, I guess because I can actually discern it better without all the crazy tingling. I still definitely need my walker. But the relief, just from the electricity reduction, is wonderful. The tingling now seems the worst in the tips of my toes on both feet. And I think that’s why I didn’t discern a difference until I put my feet on the floor this morning - because the covers were touching my toes and giving me the electric zings.

Anyway, I’m grateful – and hopeful that maybe it will get even better. It’s going to take a few days to really believe that the procedure worked, but today is a gift and for that, I am so grateful.
I’m so happy for you!

When I came home from the hospital last summer and had at-home antibiotics, my feet bothered me a lot with tingling and hot and cold. I later decided it was a temporary neuropathy. I was fortunate that it went away but I know a bit of how your feet have been feeling and know that it is terribly frustrating. For me it wasn’t pain, just a really weird feeling.

I hope that you continue to feel relief.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Thanks, Florida Cat! I'm sorry you had neuropathy and am so glad it was temporary. Foot pain/numbness is just horrible.
Patty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Patty, I hope and pray you get good relief from the procedure and that it lasts for a good long while.

I am up and slowly getting things done, I have a load of dog stuff in the washer, he peed on one of his rugs.
But I love my dog and it is a small thing to deal with as long as he is comfortable. Yes... he is spoiled rotten :lol:

Chickens are fed and out of their coop. I started the wood stove; it is chilly but not cold just very overcast.

I will clean and piddle around until I have to leave for my hair appointment. I am going back to lighter hair, I thoroughly hate the natural color as I have become older. I have given myself plenty of time to live with it and try to like it and it is just not happening.

There will be shrimp tacos for supper again tonight! I will hit the store while I am in town to get the stuff to make more pickles for the family. They are also spoiled rotten LOL.
I did pot up some seedlings yesterday, might do some more this evening. If it would just get a bit warmer I would set up the mini greenhouse and put them in it but I am not comfortable with the ground temp yet.
I was digging around in the attic of my garage and found a huge stack of 1 gallon pot from my "farming" days i let the family know in case they can use any of them. I also got the mini rocker down for the baby to use while she is here. She loves rocking chairs. I own alot of stuff :roll:

Off to get dressed and put my war paint on.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a dress wash in the washer. Only one wash load today. My sheets need washing but I will be waiting until tomorrow as I want to let the cut on my finger heal a bit more.

I had to set the dishwasher off again, several items weren’t clean. So I put everything else that I had used in it as there was still some room.

Penny
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

Patty, you can certainly count me in as someone cheering you on for pain relief. I so much wish for that procedure to be successful with no adverse side effects.

We’re under yet another snow advisory and wouldn’t you know it, I had my permanent crown placement scheduled for first thing this morning across town. It took about an hour to clear my car off and clear a path in the driveway for my car to back out. Roads, including the main arteries were not ploughed yet and of course it was during our small city’s rush hour. After a rather harrowing drive, I arrive only to learn that my crown hasn’t arrived at their office yet due to the road conditions. So I simply regrouped and got the necessary groceries required. Safeway had 20 kg of all purpose flour for $8.88 and you sure can’t beat that price. So my appointment is rescheduled tomorrow at the same time.

Planning to remain home and catch up on housework and relax.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I did my usual morning routine except without Sheila's Granola. I am going to make a couple of batches this afternoon. The one will be what I have been making with sliced almonds and dried cranberries. Then, as I was looking at Safeway (where my sister send me a gift card), I decided to give something unusual a try, pecan crumbs and dried plums (aka prunes). I love dried plums and it might make a good combination.

I ran the dishwasher last night and got some more dinkin' around in my kitchen done. I just like piddling around in there! Today? I am going to try and get the ice machine going and bleach the counter under the espresso machine and Keurig (a $15 find on Marketplace, came with the machine and the storage rack that fits under it AND a full rack of coffee! Got it for Christmas). I want to try and tidy up my front hall today and see where that takes me. I should sort through the gorgeous high heels I wore while teaching in Quebec but I'm not sure I'm ready to give them up yet. If anyone knows anything about Quebec, you KNOW that they LOVE their high end fashion. I had all the designer clothing while there as I found the little boutique in town that sold stuff at below price. I was half the size I am now so all of the clothing but a couple of pairs of wool pants and a beautiful jacket have been passed along. My shoe collection! Holy Smoley! I had one teacher look at some shoes I'd gotten in Quebec City and beg to try them on. She would have bought them off my feet she loved them so much! :mrgreen: I must say, I've always been a traditional and classy dresser when I was a healthy size and always got compliments. Now? I schlep around in my leggings and nice t-shirts or the t-shirts I got for free while volunteering at our folk festival. I DO get a lot of complements on my leggings as I buy nice ones that fit well and have nice patterns on them. One of these days, I'll maybe be able to go to Pennington's (our larger ladies clothing store) and get some nice shirts to go with my solid color leggings.

I gave you the YouTube link to the song my sister-in-law played for my Niece's memorial service. She recently posted it and said it is now her "Song for Mylissa." It's worked out well. The day I posted it to her and here, my friend, Sherry, who works as the biologist out as our military base, and I put together a plaque with the words on it. It's VERY beautiful. Sherry, being a biologist is out in the fields in the summer and she had a GORGEOUS photo of a field of daisies with one daisy in the front up close and in focus while the rest of the flowers were in the background slightly out of focus. She designed the plaque on her computer and the words are set off over the background in a see through white square. That leaves the in focus daisy as the focal point of the plaque with the words all printed clearly for the lyrics of the song. It's quite lovely and I can hardly wait to give it to Cathy as I know it will mean a lot to her.

I don't think I am going for lunch today. As with at Jackie's, we got some snow overnight and I just don't feel like tippy toeing over the snow and ice in the parking lot to get to the van. I'll stay in and maybe make my version of Huevos Ranchero wraps for lunch. I'll unload the dishwasher and play around in the kitchen and front hall.

Patty,
I am so pleased and happy to hear you procedure is working for you! As others have said, I hope that you get more relief and it lasts a good long time! How wonderful for you!

IC
Still thinking of you and sending prayers for both your husband and you.

That's the skinny from around here! Time for another coffee!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.