Daily Check-In March 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-In March 24, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:57 pm This website says you can roast the squash whole without cutting it, and the skin will just slip off:

https://mayihavethatrecipe.com/how-to-cook-butternut-squash/

If you don't have a large, sharp knife and a mallet to drive it through the sqash, whole roasting is probably the way to go.
I always whole roast my spaghetti squash. 40 minutes to an hour on a baking sheet in the oven, take it out, let it cool enough to handle and then cut and scrape out the seeds.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I had a great day with the little one. We played and she ate like a trooper. Set her up in one of the sunroom windows with her little rocking chair, a bowl of yogurt bits and some crackers. She watched the squirrels for a long time. I am tired but not completely worn out. I hope I sleep well tonight.

I was todays years old when I discovered that you can make grilled sandwiches in the George Foreman grill. I had a Reuban for supper and it was deluxe! So easy and very little cleanup. Slap that puppy together slap it on the grill and booyah a great sandwich. :lol:
It has stayed crappy weather all day, cold and rainy... so grey it is downright depressing.

MJ, roast it whole, cool and the peel should slide right off, the insides will scoop right out and you can freeze the pulp easily in either containers or freezer bags. Butternut squash is one of our favorites.
You can also make "pumpkin" biscuits with it and they are wonderful layered up with ham, cheese, mustard and cranberry sauce. Or you can use peach or apricot jam or orange marmalade instead of cranberry sauce.
You can also use it to make pumpkin bread, cookies, raviola lots of stuff. Like I said...we love it.

Gonna take a hot bath and relax the evening away.
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:47 pm i got a recall notice from Amazon after I had used almost half a bottle. I am glad it didn’t affect my eyes .I am keeping them n case they offer a recall and I need info.
Owned,

I am so glad that Amazon notified you! Whew! Just make sure know one else can get their hands on that bottle. Glad you were kept safe!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 pm I got back $86.29 from the travel insurance. I almost forgot about it so I feel the money back is a bonus. So - I ordered four puzzles $69.30 including a 20% discount for signing up for texts and free shipping. I’ve ordered from this puzzle company previously and even with a smaller order their shipping is only $2.99. I’m happy to have the library puzzles but happy to get some new ones of my own.
What a great way to spend some money. I might check to see if Karen Puzzles has done any recent videos as other interests have taken over what is shown on my feed.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

My "free" (save for several hours of doing surveys) toaster arrived the other day. I love it! No more cheap toasters. It has wide slots to accommodate bagels and the slots are long to fit big slices of bread. It has multiple settings and a digital timer that counts down the time left. I am still waiting for the cover to get delivered.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:02 am My "free" (save for several hours of doing surveys) toaster arrived the other day. I love it! No more cheap toasters. It has wide slots to accommodate bagels and the slots are long to fit big slices of bread. It has multiple settings and a digital timer that counts down the time left. I am still waiting for the cover to get delivered.
Sounds like an awesome toaster.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/