Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well weather.com is reporting a nice sunny day with temperatures reaching the high 50s, but winds will be up at between 15-20 mph, not exactly warming. But I will try to go out later and walk for awhile.

The only thing I have scheduled today is my weekly chat with my neighbor. In addition to trying to get in a walk outdoors, I want to work on my "gold" mandala coloring page. I have approximately 36 1" shapes to complete. I also want to spend some time looking at my password list and a "notes" file I keep and see what passwords I might be missing on my master list. I also want to see if there is an easier way to set them up so that when I make a change I don't have to reprint 10 or more pages. Currently my list is so "tight" on the page that I usually have to print more than the page I've corrected and now that I'm on HP's smart print bill every month nonsense I want to find a way to stay at the pages I print per month to avoid higher billing.

Dinner tonight is leftover spaghetti with a piece of chicken.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in March 26, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:23 am Good morning all.

Well weather.com is reporting a nice sunny day with temperatures reaching the high 50s, but winds will be up at between 15-20 mph, not exactly warming. But I will try to go out later and walk for awhile.

The only thing I have scheduled today is my weekly chat with my neighbor. In addition to trying to get in a walk outdoors, I want to work on my "gold" mandala coloring page. I have approximately 36 1" shapes to complete. I also want to spend some time looking at my password list and a "notes" file I keep and see what passwords I might be missing on my master list. I also want to see if there is an easier way to set them up so that when I make a change I don't have to reprint 10 or more pages. Currently my list is so "tight" on the page that I usually have to print more than the page I've corrected and now that I'm on HP's smart print bill every month nonsense I want to find a way to stay at the pages I print per month to avoid higher billing.

Dinner tonight is leftover spaghetti with a piece of chicken.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
What is HP's Smart Print? Do you need to be on it? If you have your own printer why do you have to pay to print? This is the first I have heard about something like this.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:25 am What is HP's Smart Print? Do you need to be on it? If you have your own printer why do you have to pay to print? This is the first I have heard about something like this.
HP wanted to stop people from using third party ink when they decide they aren't going to produce certain ink cartridges any more making one's printer obsolete. I was able to keep my last printer for 5 or 6 years longer than I would have been able to using third party ink. I don't recall exactly when they started it but they now have chips inside the printer so that you can only use THEIR ink. Third party ink will not work or could even damage it permanently if you tried to use it.

You still do have the option of buying their ink cartridges but they have reduced the number of pages you can print from them. But if you subscribe to their "Instant Ink", they send you the ink cartridges when you need them. The way they know you need them is through a wifi setup (HP Smartprint) that sends them the number of pages you've printed.

I'm sure there's no savings on ink whatsoever but I thought I would give it a try for a short while. The first 6 months is free. In fact I wasn't going to buy an HP printer anymore because of it but mine died all of a sudden and I really didn't have the time to research the printers thoroughly before I purchased another.

It will be the LAST HP printer I buy though.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Ugh - these pups have me up going back and forth this morning. I guess they like this weather.

I usually go back to bed, but not today. Wasn't sleepy, so stayed up and had a little bit of coffee.

Now I am catching up on the news and enjoying the morning view.

Have a great day
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a lovely post almost finished an ad came up and poof when I got out of the ad I was kicked out of the forum. Starting all over once again.

Woke up to a lovely frosty morning, with the temperatures 2 degrees lower than yesterday (falling 2 degrees a day I noticed) so the weather people are correct in saying winter has not taken her claws out of us as of yet.

I have a few tasks to accomplish today. I need to make the household task list for each day next week, make the menu plan for April taking in what I have in the freezer, cupboards, fridge freezer, and fridge, start my grocery list, and make the extra/monthly cleaning list for April. Not a great deal, so I am hopeful of getting a few more projects/goals struck off my list for this month. One of which is making the remaining labels for containers in my sewing/craft room and doing another bit of an organizing of the yarn. I have a stack of clothing in there to be donated so I will get those into a bag and out into the car for my errand run early next week.

Eldest and I were busy texting each other yesterday, and he will be leaving on his school trip on April 4th and not getting back until the 14th. Looks as if he will be with two schools in his school division.

Youngest will definitely be home for Easter and is looking forward to ham or turkey.

I will be picking a day this week to make soup stock since the temperature is dropping I am going to take advantage of that. Depending on how many ready made meals I have in my large chest freezer I may spend a day getting more of those done as well.

Supper tonight is going to be spaghetti and meat sauce. Haven't had that in awhile and I have containers of meat sauce in the freezer that need using. I also usually have enough leftover to make a couple of baked spaghetti meals.

Today I am grateful for a clean bill of health and my doctor starting to practice once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:52 am HP wanted to stop people from using third party ink when they decide they aren't going to produce certain ink cartridges any more making one's printer obsolete. I was able to keep my last printer for 5 or 6 years longer than I would have been able to using third party ink. I don't recall exactly when they started it but they now have chips inside the printer so that you can only use THEIR ink. Third party ink will not work or could even damage it permanently if you tried to use it.

You still do have the option of buying their ink cartridges but they have reduced the number of pages you can print from them. But if you subscribe to their "Instant Ink", they send you the ink cartridges when you need them. The way they know you need them is through a wifi setup (HP Smartprint) that sends them the number of pages you've printed.

I'm sure there's no savings on ink whatsoever but I thought I would give it a try for a short while. The first 6 months is free. In fact I wasn't going to buy an HP printer anymore because of it but mine died all of a sudden and I really didn't have the time to research the printers thoroughly before I purchased another.

It will be the LAST HP printer I buy though.
I was wondering about it, too. I have a Brother printer-copier-fax (don’t have the fax connected) that I’ve had for 5+ years. It tells me I’m low on ink when the cartridge is still half full but I just continue to print. Printed something yesterday and it now looks like it is almost empty but I’ll keep printing until it is completely out. I’m wasteful with printing. Whenever I transfer money from checking to savings or the other way, I always print out the confirmation.