Daily Check In May 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In May 21, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I went to mom’s house this morning and swept the porch, driveway and garage plus trimmed the hedge in front. The ixora really need trimming but I’ll either wait for a cloudy day or an early morning.

I got two more bags of donations. I’m really starting to want to get rid of things more and more at both my house and mom’s house. I’ll never be a minimalist but it is getting easier to let things go and I want to live with less. The actual physical act of getting rid of the larger items is the hard part. I put a small wooden table that was on the porch in the big trash can. (I removed the glass because I know they don’t want glass in the can unless it is encased in cardboard.) There is another small table that folds that I’ll donate.

Now I’m showered and will relax.

This is the puzzle I’m doing for the second time. It is very cute but the people are so small. I’ll donate it along with another map puzzle that has very small print.

https://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/a-society-a-story-scratch-and-dent-1000-pieces-by-trefl/

Have a good day.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:50 pm Good afternoon frugal friends. After a cold spell the last couple of days, today is sunny and warm. I have been to my parents house and am home already - wanted to get that out of the way early.

As predicted, my mom kept almost all of my donations for the Amish lady's thrift store for herself. She will put it all in boxes and shove it in her attic and I'll throw it away or put it in a yard sale someday.

Although it is past the "window of opportunity" for when I feel is good timing for a nap, I definitely feel one coming on. It will be fine.

Breakfast was tofu scramble and toast, lunch was a vegan protein bar. I am as packed for my trip as I can be - all but the last minute stuff and all I have left to do is go get cash from the ATM. I did also put a notice on my credit union account of when and where I am traveling so I should have no issues using my bank card - but cash just in case - plus for tips.

I have left a blank check made out to the vet and $40 cash for DD in case she needs anything for my dogs while I'm gone. My friend and I are catching a bus from here on Tuesday morning that will take us to a town about 30 miles away where we will catch the tour bus. We decided to do that be, cause between her DH and my crew saying "well if I don't have to work" and "well if I'm back on time", we got completely fed up and decided to make our own "get out of town" arrangements. It is only $2 to take the local bus to the town were we catch the big bus. She will leave her car at my house and we can walk to catch the first bus from here.

Well I am off to try to get that nap. Hope you are all having a good day.
Have a wonderful time, being independent is the way to go!!!

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:10 pm Good plan. When we took tours, the tour folks would take us to the airport. Very convenient. And their bus tours were so much fun too. I miss it.
My girlfriend and I before Covid and before she got too sick would go on senior day bus trips, loved them.

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

expecting SIL in an hour or so, she comes over 3 times a week to do some stuff for him.

I plan to be in the backyard, hopefully doing some clean up yard work, or maybe reading :roll:

I call it sibling time :D

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:11 pm Hello friends.

I went to mom’s house this morning and swept the porch, driveway and garage plus trimmed the hedge in front. The ixora really need trimming but I’ll either wait for a cloudy day or an early morning.

I got two more bags of donations. I’m really starting to want to get rid of things more and more at both my house and mom’s house. I’ll never be a minimalist but it is getting easier to let things go and I want to live with less. The actual physical act of getting rid of the larger items is the hard part. I put a small wooden table that was on the porch in the big trash can. (I removed the glass because I know they don’t want glass in the can unless it is encased in cardboard.) There is another small table that folds that I’ll donate.

Now I’m showered and will relax.

This is the puzzle I’m doing for the second time. It is very cute but the people are so small. I’ll donate it along with another map puzzle that has very small print.

https://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/a-society-a-story-scratch-and-dent-1000-pieces-by-trefl/

Have a good day.
Really cute puzzle but I can certainly see what you said about the people being small. I'd say they are TINY!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apre midi toute le monde!

I can't believe it is almost 3:00 pm! I've just been gathering up laundry, loading the dishwasher and drinking coffee while watching a movie about bank robbers. I will get the laundry done and draped over the furniture to dry. I looked at drying racks at Canadian Tire and it was $50 for some wimpy, skinny wire thing. So, the couch and my other chair and my spare bed will have to suffice until I maybe see one on FB Marketplace.

My shoulders are paining me today. Just took a couple of extra strength Tylenol and hope that will help.

Ron invited me over for a drink last night and we both decided that today was going to be a day of goofing off. Then? I remembered if I wanted to be clothed, I better do laundry! I am going to try out Kitty's trick of using The Pink Stuff on the one stain on my only lavender shirt that matches so nicely with one of my pairs of leggings. I sure hope it works! If not? Well, it's my own fault. I should have taken it off when I noticed the stain and soaked it and put some Blue Dawn Dish Detergent on it. That USUALLY does the trick on everything except mustard!

I got up late so for brunch i had yogurt and granola. I'll figure out something for a late lunch. I haven't planned anything for supper so it might just be a surprise to me!

Gals, I am absolutely loving my new rocker recliner. I love that it is a rocker as it is one of the things I wished Zoe's recliner had. I love having a rocking chair so this is two in one!

It is a nice day outside and looks good. I haven't been out yet. I really want to have a shower and just loaf around while the laundry is going.

Creative,
I am so glad your pain regime is working out so well. WHEW! It sure is lousy when you are in pain and can't find a pain-free spot to lie on. So glad it is working for you!

That's the skinny from here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.