Daily Check In May 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In May 21, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Creative, so glad to hear you slept better and I hope physical therapy can get you healed up.

I woke up and thought it was Monday. In all fairness, I did a lot of stuff yesterday so it felt like packing two days into one. :-D

We had lovely rain yesterday and the outdoors is cool, green and quiet. No outdoors chores today as the ground is quite wet, but I still need to cut DH's hair and brush the dogs.

Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all. Looks to be very high seventies today

As I mentioned in my very late check in last night I spent from two until after eight yesterday at a market with my daughter. Then I came home and could not wind down so I was up very much after midnight and into the new day. I will be worshiping virtually from afar today without question.

I'll also be not commiting to much of anything today as tomorrow is also an at home day with no commitments so what I don't get done today will move to tomorrow. I need to get my sewing room back to its normal place after I left it a mess yesterday morning going off to the proverbial fair.

I do want to make my list for the week, start on June plans slowly and make either a tuna macaroni casserole or a chicken stuffing casserole. Either one will take pretty much no time except for the actual cooking in the oven part.

Going to start my belated morning routine here and perhaps stay in my jammies for awhile.

Creative, so glad to hear you are doing better on the pain level front!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Not as overcast out there. Looks better.

Shower done, hair washed. Now just going to relax for a bit.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good afternoon frugal friends. After a cold spell the last couple of days, today is sunny and warm. I have been to my parents house and am home already - wanted to get that out of the way early.

As predicted, my mom kept almost all of my donations for the Amish lady's thrift store for herself. She will put it all in boxes and shove it in her attic and I'll throw it away or put it in a yard sale someday.

Although it is past the "window of opportunity" for when I feel is good timing for a nap, I definitely feel one coming on. It will be fine.

Breakfast was tofu scramble and toast, lunch was a vegan protein bar. I am as packed for my trip as I can be - all but the last minute stuff and all I have left to do is go get cash from the ATM. I did also put a notice on my credit union account of when and where I am traveling so I should have no issues using my bank card - but cash just in case - plus for tips.

I have left a blank check made out to the vet and $40 cash for DD in case she needs anything for my dogs while I'm gone. My friend and I are catching a bus from here on Tuesday morning that will take us to a town about 30 miles away where we will catch the tour bus. We decided to do that be, cause between her DH and my crew saying "well if I don't have to work" and "well if I'm back on time", we got completely fed up and decided to make our own "get out of town" arrangements. It is only $2 to take the local bus to the town were we catch the big bus. She will leave her car at my house and we can walk to catch the first bus from here.

Well I am off to try to get that nap. Hope you are all having a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:50 pm Good afternoon frugal friends. After a cold spell the last couple of days, today is sunny and warm. I have been to my parents house and am home already - wanted to get that out of the way early.

As predicted, my mom kept almost all of my donations for the Amish lady's thrift store for herself. She will put it all in boxes and shove it in her attic and I'll throw it away or put it in a yard sale someday.

Although it is past the "window of opportunity" for when I feel is good timing for a nap, I definitely feel one coming on. It will be fine.

Breakfast was tofu scramble and toast, lunch was a vegan protein bar. I am as packed for my trip as I can be - all but the last minute stuff and all I have left to do is go get cash from the ATM. I did also put a notice on my credit union account of when and where I am traveling so I should have no issues using my bank card - but cash just in case - plus for tips.

I have left a blank check made out to the vet and $40 cash for DD in case she needs anything for my dogs while I'm gone. My friend and I are catching a bus from here on Tuesday morning that will take us to a town about 30 miles away where we will catch the tour bus. We decided to do that be, cause between her DH and my crew saying "well if I don't have to work" and "well if I'm back on time", we got completely fed up and decided to make our own "get out of town" arrangements. It is only $2 to take the local bus to the town were we catch the big bus. She will leave her car at my house and we can walk to catch the first bus from here.

Have a great trip! Taking the bus to the departure point is a good idea. I want to hear all about it when you get home.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:50 pm Good afternoon frugal friends. After a cold spell the last couple of days, today is sunny and warm. I have been to my parents house and am home already - wanted to get that out of the way early.

Good plan. When we took tours, the tour folks would take us to the airport. Very convenient. And their bus tours were so much fun too. I miss it.