Daily Check-in May 27 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in May 27 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Slept well until early morning and then after a potty stop, some weird dreams. Oh well, what can you do....
Have taken my allergy meds and they are kicking in so less coughing and sneezing. I need to check my supply and get more ordered from my insurance supplier. It's not difficult to do so but I procrastinate :roll:

Chickens are out and fed, eggs are gathered and waiting to be cleaned and boxed. I scrambled 2 for my dog this morning as a treat. I think he has forgiven me for the grooming done yesterday. ;)
Tomorrow morning we will go decorate at the cemeteries, it will be a day of really missing my parents. This is something we always did together. I think both DD's are going with me.
I have some house chores to do and then no idea what the afternoons plans will be.

Looking forward to receiving my new floor cleaner, weird but I feel like not using one all the time maybe my floors aren't clean enough?
Off to clean and box eggs, Clem have a safe, nice trip.

JCKitty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Jackie,
can I ask what you are using the dandelions for? I have made wine with them but just very curious. I know that you can use them for fritters. Taste a bit like mushrooms.
Just wondering.
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, all. It looks to be a lovely day. I have been up for hours, being a lazy bum. I need to get moving and accomplish a few things.

Clem, safe travels and enjoy!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:51 am Jackie,
can I ask what you are using the dandelions for? I have made wine with them but just very curious. I know that you can use them for fritters. Taste a bit like mushrooms.
Just wondering.
JCKitty
I make dandelion oil. It helps when the pain in my hips isn't bad enough for anything stronger.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all. Having my lazy morning time over here.

Before I went to bed last night I did my grocery order and today I will need to go and pick it up. I kept it at around 75, we see now that holds me. I probably for got something I always do,lol.

I had a lovely time yesterday at my brother in law's retirement. They are now going to move up to Lubbock where daughter and two grand sons ilve. Other daughter lives in Madison and has no kids. This will be agood more for them. They are building a house (moving to a less expensive housing area so the sale of the other house will take care of expenses) that is smaller and will have all the wide doors and lever handles and such to age in place with.

My daughter got two huge bags of fabric from someone on her buy nothing group. Turns out these ae mainly what I guess one calls dressmaker fabrics. Most of them are what I would call challis if that's still the phrase used. I guess I will be getting a couple easy patterns from joanne (the kind that have skirt and top and pants and stuff in one) and reminding my self how to sew clothes. I do note that none ofthe patterns have facings any more, they all seem to use seam tape or something else. I acutally like facings but we will see

So my big chore is to sort all these fabrics and measure all the pieces I have been given that are large, and then start cutting the sheets into useful pieces to make quilts or sew with.

Tomorrow is pentecost and in the episcopal church we traditionally read different parts of the gospel in various language. I am refrishing my german pronunciation this afternoon so that I can read two verses tomorrow.

Off to enjoy my lazy morning time.

Was trying to think waht to do to turn my tree into a red white and blue thing without runnign to the collar store. I have lots of one inch by whatever strips of various red white and blue fabrics and I will tie them together to make a long garland for starts. Then I will see what I have around here or what the dollar store has that can also be used. I'd like red white and blue l itghts but I am not emptional about it. I usually leave my patriotic stuff up tillt he week after the 4th. at a minimum.

Blue bell has a new ice cream flavor. Dr Pepper float. I am wishing I had added it to my order this am, cause i love Dr Pepper and I love Blue Bell.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Clem, have a good trip.

Quilter, I always loved challis skirts. That is interesting that patterns no longer have facings which I would definitely prefer over tape.

Mackie, I totally understand that you are Ollie Cat’s servant. It reminds me of Pippi when she would start meowing in my ear at 3 a.m.

Today is one of those days I will try to keep busy to avoid feeling sad. It’s not Memorial Day weekend, just one of those days.

So this morning I washed the bed skirt that was on mom’s bed. It’s a nice one but I don’t know if I’d ever be able to get it on a bed without help. But I’ll keep it for now. Then I went to mom’s house just for a short time. The new doormat I ordered from Amazon arrived yesterday and I thought I had made a mistake on the size but it’s perfect. I put the screened porch back in order, found some items to throw away in both the house and garage and swept the driveway.

Now I’m home. I still have half of my Publix Cuban sandwich for lunch.

When I was cleaning out mom’s bedroom closet for the interior painting in March, I found yet another box of tax returns. I thought I had them all. I brought them to my house and today will go through and start shredding. Even though mom and dad are gone, I like to shred anything with their SS numbers and of course most tax stuff from banks etc. all has the SS numbers.

Have a good day.