Daily Check In May 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Well I had a "good" 2 and a half hour nap but head weird, kinda bad dreams so not sure how much "net sleep" I got out of it.

I have some frozen corn out thawing to make corn fritters for supper. They sounded good to me. I have to clean up my messes from this morning. I spent a lot of time drawing/sketching and there are pencil shaving, erasers, etc. all over the kitchen table.

Not sure what else will happen this afternoon/evening. I will take Hope on a walk. We saw a skunk up close last night but it sprayed someone's car instead of us. I turned Hope around so fast she didn't know what was happening and why she couldn't visit that skunk!

I've had a V8 but am still famished so off to mix up the batter for my fritters. I''m "veganizing" a traditional recipe so hopefully it will be good.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Supper is going to be very early today. I am hoping that it tastes as good as it smells. However not too sure how tender it will be as we had a bit of a problem regulating the heat in the smoker and the size difference was considerable in comparison to the recipe. Still it smells very good.

I have almost finished the top for today. I still need to do the binding around the neck and armholes, the hem and a hook and eye closure at the top of the back. It seems a bit shorter than I like, but I will know how much to add to it next time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Ugh - I am home.

That was a nice quick trip. We went to DFW area for a grad party. We had a hotel room. Got there and then headed to the party. It was nice to talk to brother and nephew and grand nephew - the graduate. Met his other grandparents.

Thanks to my sister that drove us out there and brought us back. She is still on the road after dropping us off. She lives out on the coast, so has a two hour drive ahead of her.

We had a great time, but it would have been nice to stay there for a whole week!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The trip was a whirlwind. And then I got a text from the COD about our smallest pup.

She managed to get out of the fence and was gone. Ugh. He hated to have to tell me. She has done this before but usually gets scared and comes back to the gate. Not sure why she took off - maybe because I was not home?

He finally got her at midnight. What a relief.

This morning was nice. We met with family and had breakfast and then took off. It is a 5 hour drive at least to get home. And then the sibling that picked us up has to travel another two hours. Waiting for her call to say she is home.

The pups here at home are okay. It will take me a day or so to relax after this quick trip.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:25 pm The trip was a whirlwind. And then I got a text from the COD about our smallest pup.

She managed to get out of the fence and was gone. Ugh. He hated to have to tell me. She has done this before but usually gets scared and comes back to the gate. Not sure why she took off - maybe because I was not home?

He finally got her at midnight. What a relief.

This morning was nice. We met with family and had breakfast and then took off. It is a 5 hour drive at least to get home. And then the sibling that picked us up has to travel another two hours. Waiting for her call to say she is home.

The pups here at home are okay. It will take me a day or so to relax after this quick trip.
Glad to hear the pup is back home.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I am glad your pup is safe and you had a good trip. HappyDaze, those fritters sound delish.

DH has been puttering in the yard and agitated hard for us to eat out, but we're doing that tomorrow and I had cupcakes to finish. Plus he had some of my excellent meatloaf to enjoy!
Mackie