Daily Check In May 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In May 31, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I didn’t sleep well last night, my apartment was too warm. I woke up at 5:30 and since I had an alarm set so I could get to my haircut appointment. I stayed up. I did a lot of waiting today.

I came home to a warm apartment, this afternoon I heard a loud thud and shortly thereafter my apartment started to cool down.

I am tired, but some of my fatigue was dehydration.

I have had a lot to drink this afternoon.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 pm Well, I don't know if I should be REALLY miffed of sad. At the moment? I am REALLY miffed. REALLY miffed.

My older sister and hubby, Amy and Jim, had a 40th Anniversary party on the weekend. I knew it was their anniversary and sent wishes for a happy anniversary on Facebook. I'd heard her kids were going to be there so also said I hope it is a good party!

WELL! I just left Facebook and looking at 79 photos of "the party" of about 100 guests. Who were the guests? EVERYONE. Cousins from Illinois, Texas, ND, CANADA and many different states. My little sister, Ellen's kids were there but she was working. WELL. I didn't get an invitation. I got TOLD about it Sunday night after it was all over. Aunts and Uncles from Canada too. Right here from Manitoba, Winnipeg. 2 hours away from me. They were all there. Unless she invited them all by Facebook Messenger, I did NOT even receive and invitation. Am I so awful that I don't even merit an invitation?? Well, there goes my idea of getting them a lovely ornament I'd seen to send as a 40th Anniversary present. It might not be "the bigger thing to do" but then again, after 60 years of stuff like this, I am TIRED of being "the bigger person." When do they have to do that?!!

On top of that? I won't even get to recover with my beloved, little Franki Boi this weekend as his Mum and Dad decided to just make it a day trip instead of the weekend. My heart is broken! </3 BUT then later she came back and asked if I could hang out with my boy for a bit on Friday Afternoon. I am more than up for that! That will help me out some. . .

I'm so upset I had to beat on something so I got out the eggs and milk and beat up the custard for bread pudding. AUGH! I'm just letting the bread soak in the custard a bit and then put it in the oven.

I'm just so upset. I didn't think SHE would behave like this but then again, Nori ("mother") has her influences over them all still. UGH

MJ
Hugs MJ.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 pm Well, I don't know if I should be REALLY miffed of sad. At the moment? I am REALLY miffed. REALLY miffed.

My older sister and hubby, Amy and Jim, had a 40th Anniversary party on the weekend. I knew it was their anniversary and sent wishes for a happy anniversary on Facebook. I'd heard her kids were going to be there so also said I hope it is a good party!

WELL! I just left Facebook and looking at 79 photos of "the party" of about 100 guests. Who were the guests? EVERYONE. Cousins from Illinois, Texas, ND, CANADA and many different states. My little sister, Ellen's kids were there but she was working. WELL. I didn't get an invitation. I got TOLD about it Sunday night after it was all over. Aunts and Uncles from Canada too. Right here from Manitoba, Winnipeg. 2 hours away from me. They were all there. Unless she invited them all by Facebook Messenger, I did NOT even receive and invitation. Am I so awful that I don't even merit an invitation?? Well, there goes my idea of getting them a lovely ornament I'd seen to send as a 40th Anniversary present. It might not be "the bigger thing to do" but then again, after 60 years of stuff like this, I am TIRED of being "the bigger person." When do they have to do that?!!

On top of that? I won't even get to recover with my beloved, little Franki Boi this weekend as his Mum and Dad decided to just make it a day trip instead of the weekend. My heart is broken! </3 BUT then later she came back and asked if I could hang out with my boy for a bit on Friday Afternoon. I am more than up for that! That will help me out some. . .

I'm so upset I had to beat on something so I got out the eggs and milk and beat up the custard for bread pudding. AUGH! I'm just letting the bread soak in the custard a bit and then put it in the oven.

I'm just so upset. I didn't think SHE would behave like this but then again, Nori ("mother") has her influences over them all still. UGH

MJ
The word I would use would not be miffed. I am so sorry for you. Remember that these are her actions and not caused by you in any way and take care of yourself. I was glad to see you have been going to lunch and getting out of the house.

I have tentatively made my calendar for the month, now I need to work on the weekly day by days I guess. I have not walked enough and will try for 20 minutes after dinner in the house. Still outside.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

MJ your family may do their best to bully you, which is what they are doing.

We love you and care about you.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:39 pm MJ your family may do their best to bully you, which is what they are doing.

We love you and care about you.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
Thank you Penny. It means a lot to me to have someone say that.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mes amis,

Thank you for the kind words in regards to me being ditched out of the invitations for a BIG anniversary party where all my siblings, nieces and nephews and family were at. It means a lot to have people say I am not the dirt they make me feel like I am. Is it any wonder I've tried to kill myself more times that either my psychiatrist or I can remember? They don't think I'm worthy of anything including being alive and they let me know it in many different ways.

Since I met Zoe and John, before they had kids, and became Cooper's babysitter and their friend, I haven't tried to kill myself again. It's been a good 12 years but still times like this hurt and I'm here crying as I write this missive. My Dad would have insisted she invite me but Dad has been gone so long and they don't care about that either. They have "mother." They've ALWAYS had "mother." I always had Dad who my whole life never called me anything but Josie, short for my middle name, Josephine. He always had my back with the siblings and "mother." Now it's just me.

I do sometimes forget that my Dad's little Brother, Uncle James and my Aunt Dolores, adopted me into their family after Dad died. My cousins told me that they knew what would happen to me after Dad died. That's become home for me, northern Minnesota, Hoyt Lakes. I love them and I KNOW they love me.

Well, enough of that. It's bedtime. I'll take my meds and go to bed. Tomorrow means it is one day closer to me getting to spend the afternoon with my beloved little Franki Boi. Dogs only break your heart when they leave you.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.