Daily Check In June 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Morning. Just starting us off. Getting coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

And belated birthday wishes to Penny, Clem and Creative.

Things got busy yesterday and my sister arrived early.

We don't have anything special planned. She just wanted to get away from her apartment for a couple of days. As much as we talk on the phone, it's really good to be able to see her in person.

Her cat has been a bit of a pain. She's done nothing but hissed at her and I. I can only imagine its because she's not home. I'm sure when she does get back home on Monday, she'll revert back to her sweet little self.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit foggy here this morning, but temperatures are going to rise and what with the rain yesterday we will probably be very muggy. I will get out early and do the planting I have been putting off for awhile now. I few annuals and one perennial into the circular planter and if I am not too bothered by mosquitos I will do a little weeding there as well. Must be done early as the temperature is supposed to reach almost 30*C and I don't want to be out and about when it is that hot with the high UV index we are supposed to have.

Spent some time last night looking up how to make lavender oil and so today I will harvest some lavender and get that started. I have to dry the flowers first so I will pull up my dehydrator for that. I wonder if I can find more lavender.... one plant is not really much.

Tasks for today are the planting, sending in my scan, sweeping the floors, and putting away the dishes. I then have an errand to run picking up some lighting, a spray bottle (both those from the Dollar Store), maybe hunt up another couple of lavender plants, phone my brother, and put away the clean dishes. Not a great deal and I am hoping to accomplish all except the phone call early this morning.

This afternoon I start knitting mitts. Hopefully a pair or a bit more each day. The smaller sizes knit very quickly, the larger size not so quickly.

Supper tonight will be the leftover salad, warmed up brisket, and probably roasted veggies to rid the crisper of the last of them (well all but the carrots).

Today I am grateful for the rain we got yesterday... Not so much the horrific winds that caused lots of branches to fall on the north side of the city.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I got up too early today especially since I didn't go to sleep at my usual early time. Got some phone calls and texts. And then a storm hit! The wind and rain were bad. Big pup was shaking and shaking. At least no hail. The temp also went down. It was chilly!

I'm already half dressed. Will be going to eat breakfast and then get a pedicure with my SIL. I am hungry.

After that will come home and eat some cake. The COD bought me a chocolate cake and flowers. The pups got me a card. So sweet of them!

Have great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and Logics and everyone. The weather today promises to be perfect for my niece's wedding - mid to high 70's and mostly sunny. The wedding is not until 4:00.

I did not get much sleep last night but it's okay. I tried on my dress for today this morning (I have NO idea what I would have done if it didn't fit - not good to wait till the last minute like that, Daze). It fits great. I will need DD to tie up the back.

I did do the mani-pedi yesterday and took my shower last night. I will just need to straighten my hair and throw it up and slap on a little makeup. NOT looking forward to dealing with my mother and sister today - it doesn't matter what the event, they "get their digs in" - their phrase, not mine. And my dad lives in his own world so he will need supervision. UGHHHHHHHH...

I am going to check the consignment shop and FD in a little while - see if I can find a small bag to carry today. If not, it's fine, I will just have to leave my keys in my car - should be perfectly safe at an outdoor wedding. I also need to grab a wedding card and Visa gift card for the bride and groom.

I don't know what's with me lately - I have never in my life been a "wait till the last minute" person. I suspect it is a form of "avoidance behavior" because I really, REALLY dislike attending weddings, funerals, graduation parties, baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties, family reunions, anniversary parties, engagement parties, retirement parties, commitment ceremonies, christenings, baptisms, communions...you get the idea.

It would be hurtful to my brother, his wife and my niece if I did not attend this wedding and that is the ONLY reason I am going.

Okay, I'm off. I hope you all have a Safe, Sensational Saturday!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Logics, enjoy your visit with your sister. Most cats get agitated or nervous in unfamiliar places even if they’ve been there before. The cat will settle down, I think.

Jackie, you would not like living in Florida or even visiting here. It has been 30 C for the past month or more and will be 33 C for much of the summer. We never get breaks of cooler days in the summer and our nighttime temp is almost always 25 C. I’m used to it but it is a hard adjustment for northerners.

HappyDaze, enjoy the wedding as much as you can!

I slept well and I’m planning a quiet day. We got another heavy rain yesterday and more is on the way. I finally put the rain gauge back out yesterday at mom’s house.

Today I’ll shred since I finally have a few plastic bags and will do more decluttering. I’m thinking scarves and more books.

I found out that the local student who won the Scripps Spelling Bee is my doctor’s son! I’m so happy for her son and the whole family. Prize was $50k so a great nest egg for his education. He goes to public school so that is a nice boost for educators who have been demonized so much lately. I found out it was her when I saw the photo in the NYT.

Have a good day.