Daily Check in Aug 28, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 28, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello Folks.
Thanks Erin, for the new Forum. I have been around off and on since 2006. And more or less active for the last 10 years. I would greatly miss everyone. The sharing and caring is wonderful.

So Happy Friday! I am working in my family room today as I am making the Chicken and Noodles for the band kids's dinner. I have one chicken cooked, I will put the second in the pressure cooker after my 8:30 Conference call.

Have a great day,
Maggie
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Aug 28, 2015

Post by dlrcpa »

Hi Y'all. Tooth holding OK after dental work Thursday. Taking Tylenol just to avoid problems.
Dinner tonight ham slice and stuffed peppers. The ones from the garden are small so making 4 instead of 2. Will use some spaghetti squash in the stuffing mix. Probably a bit of garden lettuce too. I started defrosting chicken for Saturday.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugals

Jackielou here like Erin I have been around for awhile. Not as long as some of our frugal family from the About forum but long enough to seem like one of the oldies.

Slept in today, guess to make up for the sleeplessness of the last few nights.

Frugal happenings around here today will be working in the garden, eating meals at home (that is the usual around here), sticking to my grocery/household supply list, and just plain frugalling where ever I can.

I hope to spend the afternoon and the evening working on my projects. I have started the third hooded cowl and hope to be done it by tomorrow if possible. That will be three of them from one colour and at what I hope to sell them for could be a tidy profit.

Supper tonight will be some fish from the freezer, homemade fries, and salad.

Today I am grateful for this new home.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
I looked for the check in thread on the other forum couldn't find it so checked here and viola there you are! I hope all the rest of our compadres find us. I am a worry wart and am worried that people won't find us.
Have had my coffee and already cleared some weeds and brush....next step is spraying weed killer. the Nettles are terrible and I want them gone. I have also applied the wood putty to the nicked up front atrium door, once it dries I get to paint it. Should have been done earlier in the summer but too much rain. I think I will be done on the weeds clearing for awhile, starting to feel it in my lower back and don't want to get too sore......pace myself.
I have started trimming up the house plants in readiness for repotting. I wish yal'll lived closer, I would be leaving starts on everyone's doorstep!
Need to use leaf blower on the patio, seems so weird to be starting that already but early leaves are falling and there are hickory nuts everywhere. They draw the squirrels and the next thin I know they are on my roof and the sound of the scrabbling around on my roof is awful.
Weather is awesome, heat due to return this weekend, bummer I love it the way it is. Hope all is well and everyone finds us.
JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

Kitty, first thing I saw on the old forum was the closing notice, so skedaddled over here. So I think most folks will find us.

Back later ...