Daily Check In November 21, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 21, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

AuntBridget wrote:Going to try this again....perhaps 3rd time is the charm !

I have written a post twice before today, and submitted but it has not shown up....

I think I may indeed be losing my mind :?

So....greetings from a snowy Iowa. I have heard that we received 7.5 inches of snow. I don't know for sure because I have not left my house. I didn't even have to go out to shovel, as I suggested to hubby that he have his brother go out and help him, since he is very able bodied, and could earn his keep, as he does nothing else around the house.

I was supposed to go out to my mom's house to work on the pants that we are making for my sister, but my sister cancelled due to the snow. I'm actually kind of glad she did. I am enjoying being lazy today.

I did make a shipwreck for breakfast (fried potatoes, onions, eggs, cheese, ground sausage) along with the end of a bag of frozen biscuits.
Dinner tonight will be meatball subs, and fresh green beans.

I just got up from a nap. Have not been sleeping well at night, as I have been doing a lot of coughing. Hubby says he thinks, I might be fighting an upper respiratory infection. So trying to get as much rest as I can.

Well, off to snap my beans and get them on the stove to cook.

Hope you all have a safe and satisfying Saturday.
If someone posts before you do you need to scroll down further and hit submit again. Sometimes this happens and while a person thinks they have posted if they hit submit and don't check further down the post will not take.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Afternoon Y'All,

Thank you, Jackie. I will try that tip thenext time my post seemingly disappeared.

When I went to type Afternoon , I realized how dark it is so I checked the time again, 4:44 pm, still afternoon. There was no sunset it just started getting dark, quickly.

A lazy day today. Not because of nothing to do, just me not doing it! LOL Turkey, potato salad and baked beans from , yesterday's Tday lunch. Sausage hash and biscuits for dinner.I might have some hot cider. Then I really need to do that load of clothes.

I need the clothes clean before I pack to leave Tues. morning. I want to leave early enough to stop about 100 miles down the road at my friend who was so deathly ill. If I stay an hour or two I can still make it to DS#2's before it is too late. It will be good dark , but not too late.

I tried using the wifi from the bldg library. It connects easily and the web site loads quickly.. But when I want to go to another site I get a Uverse notice and can't do anything : ( I'll try to navigate around the page size Uverse ad. so annoying.

Think I will go check my mail and see if my neighbors are on the landing... have a good evening.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Just had the first snowplow go down our road, I think they are thinking since it is supposed to get really cold tonight that they need to get the ucky slush off the road so it won't refreeze into a bigger mess.
Hash is made, as is a huge pot of jambalaya....need something different for the upcoming week, will be easy to get out and reheat. I will share with family. I know people are getting ready for Thanksgiving and this will give them a break.
Used up the turkey broth, a handful of turkey meat, smoked sausage, 3 small slices of ham, last of the peppers, celery and 1/2 onion ,along with the last of the small bag of cooked turtle meat. frozen shrimp will be added when it is completely cooled and ready to package up. I am done cooking for now. I do want to make some cherry delite sometime tomorrow, will top it with seedless blackberry puree/pudding. to me sickening sweet but others will like it.
I will clean and cook(maybe) 4 pineapples that I picked today. They aren't as big as those you get from a grocery store only about 4 or 5 inches tall but still taste really good.
Off to read what everyone else is up to.
JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening everyone,

None of JCKitty or LWolfT's snow in my area yet. They are only calling for snow flurries. If was a busy day. I woke before 4 Am again _Ugh. But I was at the grocery by 7:30. I did some more staining on the vanity. Hubby and I went to Home Depot and got the toilet, paint and looked at mirrors and a medicine cabinet. He did not grout yet. He had some work to do this morning. Then his knee was bothering him. I decided to change up my shoes and went and dumped some money on a pair of Danskos. So far, so good. My feet are tired but my ankle is not in significantly more pain than the rest of the feet.
I also cooked my Turkey. My oarents came down and the kids and dgs came over. everyone has gone home now with full bellies. Tomorrow we take MIL to the opera.

Have a great day,
Maggie