Daily Check in Jan 2, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2016

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes, floridacatlover, I could not move away because of my mom.

I'm thinking the best thing would be to sell and split the proceeds. It is only fair.

The pet thing would sort itself out.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I already have some plans for the spring summer garden season.

Going to have a barter garden. I'll grow some things, others will grow something else. We will trade.

Already plan on putting in two more small raised beds. Not putting it off just because house might be sold!
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Good Evening !

Just put my last of load of laundry in the washing machine. Sitting down to read the forum, and see what all I can learn today.

First of all....Rinty (((HUGS)) and cry all you need ! Having a special needs child can be so frustrating, and better to let your tears help wash it away rather than letting it boil inside, and explode.

I am once again finding myself in a deep depression. I am so overwhelmed by this house, and our finances. The weather doesn't help. I can't handle the heat, but don't care to have to handle the cold,and more than the cold it is the darkness.

I also know that a lot of my depression is coming from the stress of having my BIL living with us. It is like having a cat in the house. He only comes out of hiding (his bedroom) to eat, and use the liter box !!! Oh and to use the shower and laundry facilities. And I'm so frustrated with the fact that he has not paid us since October. And yet tonight he sat at the table and was telling hubby that he gets paid extra for donating plasma today due to it being a holiday week. I really wanted to say..."Then where in the HEL is our money....... I would be happy with $20.00 to use towards food. I can buy a lot with $20.00. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR He is so lucky that my parents raised me the way they did.

Tomorrow is my last day before I go back to work. I have to get out my sewing machine and sew closed all the side pockets of my pants. Not sure why they came up with this rule, but we are no longer able to wear scrub type pants with the side pockets. And since my sister has given me about 10 pairs of them, and I can't afford to go out and buy other, I am just going to sew them closed.....cause then they won't be a pocket :-)

Hubby and I went grocery shopping this evening. I swear there must be a storm predicted that I didn't know about, cause they stores were busy. We went to Aldi's to get milk and to pick up some of their produce specials. Can't past up a bag of baby carrots for $.49.

We also went to the little grocery store that I have started going to more. I wanted to get a gift card to use for the month. They had eggs on sale for 99 a dozen so I picked up two. They also had an unadvertised special on boneless, skinless chicken thighs for 99 a pound and hind quarters for 69 a pound.

Tonight's supper was kind of a snacky night. Used up a little summer sausage and some cheese we had gotten for Christmas. Had crackers and dips. Used up the rest of some frozen shrimp we had in the freezer. And hubby warmed up the "kitchen sink" soup that I made the other day.

Tomorrow we are going to have salmon, that we picked up tonight on sale 5.00 and we will get two meals out of it. They also had a veggie mix marked down in their produce department that we got to try, it has broccoli and kale, and brussel sprouts. It is all chopped up (kind of like a slaw) and I'm going to sautee it in some olive oil. We also have an acorn squash to be used up.

Well, guess I will go read the rest of the forum. Hope you all have a great night.
Aunt Bridget
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote:And I've read and been told that men can live for years with prostate cancer and usually die from something else.
This is true. A friend of mine married a man 15 yrs her senior when she was 19, she's now 51 and he's had prostate cancer for 13 years. He's had radiation, then surgery, and his PSA is closely monitored. He'll die of something else. It may be the technology, where it used to kill faster, these days they stave off the really big effects and over time something else creeps up and gets them.

My Dad had it, they found it after they found the bladder cancer (smoker) that actually killed him, they didn't even think of treating it.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote:
clemencia2us wrote:And I've read and been told that men can live for years with prostate cancer and usually die from something else.
This is true. A friend of mine married a man 15 yrs her senior when she was 19, she's now 51 and he's had prostate cancer for 13 years. He's had radiation, then surgery, and his PSA is closely monitored. He'll die of something else. It may be the technology, where it used to kill faster, these days they stave off the really big effects and over time something else creeps up and gets them.

My Dad had it, they found it after they found the bladder cancer (smoker) that actually killed him, they didn't even think of treating it.
He is having the radiation seeds implanted this week. Will have to be on antibiotics for a while. I don't know how it will affect his other issues. Difficulty in urination etc. I have stress incontinence, so I know it can be a pain, but you get used to it.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

AuntBridget, hoping that things improve for you.

We have been having dreary weather. Been inside all day. I did start taking vitamin D and don't feel as bad as I used to. I need the sun.