What do you have a hard time throwing out?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: What do you have a hard time throwing out?

Post by mbrudnic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:46 pm

1. Empty jars - Had to clean out under the sink the other day. Had a ton. Kept the smaller ones for disposing of Grease. More will come along when I find a use for one. Put them in the recycle bin

2. Pringles containers, Starbucks hot cocoa canisters - Good for shipping cookies. I don;t ship cookies.

3. Altoid Tins. I have large and small. Large ones are great for painting or covering with cardstock to give gift cards. I also keep ear buds in them. My iPod Nano and ear buds live in one. The smaller ones make great pill containers. But how many do I need?

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 am

I have to say that there is very little I have a hard time getting rid of. DH is the same way....and that is a good thing or we would drive each other nuts.
We always have an ongoing box to go to the church thrift shop. When it gets full, one of us drops it off.
I do keep a few special cards and letters. My Dad died almost 20 years ago. I have his wedding ring and wallet. The wallet still has his $20. emergency money in it...:)

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 am

mbrudnic wrote:1. Empty jars - Had to clean out under the sink the other day. Had a ton. Kept the smaller ones for disposing of Grease. More will come along when I find a use for one. Put them in the recycle bin

2. Pringles containers, Starbucks hot cocoa canisters - Good for shipping cookies. I don;t ship cookies.

3. Altoid Tins. I have large and small. Large ones are great for painting or covering with cardstock to give gift cards. I also keep ear buds in them. My iPod Nano and ear buds live in one. The smaller ones make great pill containers. But how many do I need?
Maggie, #2 totally cracks me up!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 am

Just remembered....I RARELY give up my books....:)

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:41 am

icfrugal1 wrote:I'm going though papers, and I am finding that I am having a hard time throwing out bday and Christmas cards!!!!

What do you have a hard time getting rid of?

Any ideas on how I can throw my cards out?

IC :-)
Well, if you really don't want to throw them away, why not find another use for them. What about making some bunting out of them.....are you a papercrafter at all ??? Even if you aren't craft shops like Michaels sell pre cut shapes with holes already punched. You can string them on the basic string that comes with them or swop it for some pretty colour coordinated ribbon.

You could do a birthday one and one with Christmas cards. I have seen ones people have made and they a re beautiful . Google, " bunting" and see what comes up. There used to be a fab blog called Creative Breathing where she made BEAUTFUL THINGS using old cards etc.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:40 am

ChristmasTrees wrote:Just remembered....I RARELY give up my books....:)
I have the same problem giving my books up. I am sloooooowly culling through the floor to ceiling bookcases crammed with my reading material. I find it very rough to give any of them away. I think so far the past two years I have removed perhaps 50. Then again I have added to them as well, probably for a net gain. :D