Daily Check In February 21, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jens_Cats

Daily Check In February 21, 2016

Post by Jens_Cats »

Good morning, all. Looked, but did not see a topic already started, so here we are!

I did not sleep well, and I'm in a LOT of pain this morning, so I won't be pushing myself. It's overcast, and we're not particularly backed up, so no laundry today. I did not get to my paid work yesterday, so I'll try and do that today. Currently watching an episode of "Criminal Minds" while I wait to feel hungry. The dogs are out, and it's warm enough that they will stay out, unless it starts to rain.

Need to fill my pill box today and figure out where to put some (more) comforters and bedspreads. We have so many blankets, but I don't want to get rid of most of them, because they ARE useful!

As I stood out in the backyard this morning, it finally hit me that THIS BEAUTIFUL HOUSE IS MINE! This belongs to ME now, and we can do whatever we want on the property. It's overwhelming, but the house is paid off, so all we need to cover is utilities and taxes, and when we sell it, it will be all profit (minus related taxes, commission to the realtor, and fees, of course.) That means, if we get a good enough price, we'll be able to buy our next home for cash! It's a really good feeling. Makes me finally feel somewhat in control, financially.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm sure I'll be back with an update. Happy Sunday!

Jen M, WV
Last edited by Jens_Cats on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In February 21, 2016

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up early not surprising since I went to bed before 9 pm last night. I decided to bake the cookies I got free buying Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. This is the only time I buy Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.

We have a 60% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow morning.

I had to start the Dutch Rabbit over, as I got the colors reversed. That is OK, I am now familiar with the pattern. I don’t have safety eyes. I will embroider them eyes.

In my decluttering I did find some shoe buttons my mom had given me. I am not sure how I will use them. Now to find the doll she made me, she has been missing for years.

The cookies are cooling.

Penny
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Good morning. Jen, congrats. That has got to be an amazing and liberating feeling to know your home is your own. Good stuff!

Momma goat had triplets last night so we are busily tending. We will have to bottle feed at least one. Bottle calves are doing great, pigs and chickens also doing well. Lots of eggs as we have spring weather and my girls are Kicking them out like crazy.

Wrestling news- Regional Champion! Wahoo! State is next weekend. Wish him luck.

Off to face a busy day of seed starting and critter tending. Have a great one!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Colder here once again, but considering it is still classified as winter here the temperatures are not unexpected at this time of year. What could be classed as unexpected would be the rain the weather pundits keep predicting.

Off to Mass this morning and then we should be having a nice quiet day at home. I am hoping to do a bit more in the way of decluttering and perhaps even go through some of my sewing room to see what can be achieved there. While I can use the space it just does not seem to be very well arranged as of yet. I may just sit and figure out what else to do in there.

The few chores I have to do will be finished in no time, and I will even have my list of chores and extras made up for next week. I also plan on starting the list for our stock up shopping trip. I would really like to get to the bigger city either this weekend or next.

Slowly but surely figuring out how to cook with this oven. I think I might have the regular oven figured out and now just to try the convection gadget. In reading about it things are supposed to cook a bit quicker and at a lower level of heat. I am cooking a roast tonight so will check this out....or maybe I should check it out with some baking first.

This afternoon I plan on working on my project while watching a few more episodes of Little House. I have managed to get through 3 of the seasons I don't have on DVD and will be starting the 4th of those seasons today. Hubby and I find it amazing that back 30 or 40 years ago a season on TV was anywhere from 22 to 26 episodes, all depending on where the holidays fell. Now a person is lucky if there are 12 or 14 shows before the reruns begin and some shows even claim 2 seasons in a year. I guess that's progress.

Supper tonight will be a pork roast. I was going to make roasted carrots and potatoes to go along with the meat, but instead I will pull a package of frozen carrots out of the freezer, and make some potato patties out of the leftover mashed potatoes. A lovely Greek salad should round this our perfectly.

Today I am grateful for the ability to schedule myself for liturgical positions at Mass. Makes it very easy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

Looks like another fairly nice day out there. Yesterday was gorgeous and springlike. Think we may get another blast of winter midweek.

one of my sisters sent me a nice newsy email yesterday so I replied to that this morning. Other than that I've been reading, playing on the computer and listening to music (and drinking coffee of course)

Its time to get dressed and out the door. The nearby grocery store had apples (an Ontario variety I had never heard of) and navel oranges on sale for 88 cents a pound yesterday. Prices have been around $2.5O a pound lately. I bought one apple and 2 oranges. The apple was yummy and the oranges were fine so I'll go back for more today. i also want to get a flowering plant (maybe a hyacinth) as my pot of daffodils is finished. I may go to the art supply store as well.

this afternoon I have to finish the image I'm making for my printmaking class.

lunch will be a grilled havarti and avocado sandwich. supper will be beans and rice topped with a rather bland veggie stew i made a few weeks ago and stuffed in the freezer.

Take care,
AnneX
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Glad to see everyone's good news this morning. It makes for a great start to the day.

We're having a restful Sunday having gotten all our chores and housecleaning done yesterday. It's very overcast, with occasional bursts of rain, so it's a good day to rest. Even Littlest Dachshund is snoring in her bed. :)
Mackie