Daily Check in April 2, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AuntBridget

Re: Daily Check in April 2, 2016

Post by AuntBridget »

Good Afternoon Everyone

Since I haven't done a check in, in some time thought I should stop by and let you all know I'm still here.

I have my good days and my bad days. Had a quiet Easter with my brother and sister that had lived with Mom. The first of many firsts without her. We had a nice meal and visit.

I have not been real focused on spending/not spending. But then again, I haven't really been focused on too much at all.

I can not believe that it is already April. I am not sure what happened to March.
My brother in law that lives with us spent a week in the hospital. He called me one morning and said he was at work and having chest pains. Hubby took him to one of our local hospitals and they ran tests and couldn't find anything wrong.....figured it was acid reflex and sent him home...... The next two days I watched as he started to act strangely....( he stayed home from work, didn't come out of his room to eat....and when he walked to the bathroom it was like he was stumbling. I made hubby take him to hospital on the 3rd day.....When he got there he was running 104 temp.......and they found that he had stone in his gallbladder and one blocking his bile duct.....He had a bacteria in his blood and a different kind in his abdomen. He had two different procedures in that week and was on two different kinds of antibiotics. He still has a drain tube in and is to go back this coming week to get it removed. Doctor told him and my hubby that if he hadn't come in when he did, he wouldn't have survived too many more days.

Today it is sunny here, but the wind is horrible. If I were in a dark room I would think I was experiencing a January Blizzard.

Well I need to get myself motivated. Need to go to the discount bread store. With brother in law being home all day, he has been eating 3 meals here instead of just one, so we have been going through more milk, and bread.

Hope everyone is doing well. With any luck I will get back into some of my old routines and get my life back on track. Still have that 5K run to train for.

Have a Super Saturday
Aunt Bridget
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

good afternoon all,

Haven't been online for a few days, my computer had to go in for a tune up. Don't know how much longer He can keep this one going.
It has been really messy weather here, seems we have had little bit of everything in the last few days. Even a few snow flakes which I hate even seeing. I have last load of laundry going now.
I really need to come up with something to batch cook. I am back to the nothing sounds good to me phase. Should make some soup, that can always be reheated and most soup taste better reheated.
We took dad out last night for Mexican food last night for his birthday. My mom would be having a fit that he is eating different stuff now, when she was alive she loved all of any ethnic foods, dad wouldn't try anything different. Altho we did get him eating Chinese food, he was always a meat and potatoes man, with ham and beans as a constant.
It has gotten very windy again and rain coming down, again.....
Off to rummage the freezer for inspiration ;)
Have a great weekend all,
JCKItty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends!

I have been cleaning house like crazy today -- actually started yesterday afternoon with washing some curtains and doing a very thorough vacuuming and dusting -- and have emptied and washed out the litter boxes, mopped all the tile and cleaned all the laminate with spray cleaner and a big soft dust mop. Also gave the dogs a bath and cleaned both bathrooms.

The rice cooker is making up a pot of brown rice for me, and I'll mix that with canned salmon, peas and carrots to make kibble supplement for the dogs. And then bake a pan of brownies and I'll be finished for the day except for the endless chore of laundry.

DH has been outside puttering in the yard. He planted some tomato plants in a huge pot, where the dogs can't get at them, and worked some on his succulent garden. It's a beautiful day: clear and breezy, but not very warm.
Mackie
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Hi, all.

Today is my birthday, so I am relaxing. So far, I've just been watching TV, but I plan to do some sewing. I spent about 1/2 hour cleaning out my sewing bag and cleaning up my studio this morning. D gave me an oil painting starter set. I just need to go get fresh linseed oil and thinner, and I can start playing with that. Was going to do it today, but as it happens, I also feel (something that rhymes with happy and starts with "cr.")

I DID get the laundry done and hung outside, and I'm going to clean the cat boxes. I think I feel ill, because it's about 20 degrees colder than it was yesterday. I've requested a fire. I feel very chilled. NO FAIR! Not on my birthday! *gasp*

Yesterday was great. D and I met up with one of my girlfriends in Frederick, MD. It's a nice town. We walked through an arts center and saw some fantastic works, and then we had a very nice lunch, which cost me less than I thought it would. Last night, D and I lit our first fire in the fire pit he made.

I hope you all have a happy Saturday! D's going to take me out to lunch later in the week, so I may pick up my painting supplies then.

Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Music really helps me focus when I'm doing my virtual work. I would recommend something sort of mellow, though. Nothing too distracting. I usually go with soft funk or ambient or classical. Rock distracts me too much.

Jen M.
dlrcpa wrote:Good morning. It went from 80 degrees Friday to 50 degrees today. Raining a bit and the garden needs it.

I spent $9 at the grocery for a roaster chicken, milk, bananas, then $1.25 at CVS for toothpaste & PB after $6 in coupon/ECBs. $10 and my shopping is done - love it. I worked on the dog club newsletter and emailed it. Now I need to get back to the paid work at home stuff. Maybe I will set the radio on music and see if that helps. Split pea soup for lunch and salad for dinner again I think. May bake some more bread.

Have a great frugal day. :lol:
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Bridget, I'm sorry about your brother in law! I'm glad the situation got handled and that he will be OK. Scary!

Jen M.