Daily Check in April 7th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check in April 7th

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Not sure if someone else has started the check in? I did not see one if this is a duplicate please delete it. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in April 7th

Post by alliesmama4 »

My brother came home from Mexico last night. It must have been a rude awakening after spending months in the sun on the beach in Mexico to arrive late at night in the cold wet Midwest. I think the temp is around 47..We are expected showers later on.

I am still sorting and making piles of things to give away. It will be offered to family first and then whatever is left will go to Goodwill. Some things will be going to a resale shop.

Have a lovely day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am going to Walmart this morning. I made arrangements yesterday with my cities para transit service. I don’t need much, but I do need some decaf coffee. My son sends me the regular next time I may ask for the decaf. I am not sure. He always sends me the type I ask for.

I also want to just walk around the store. I don’t have a lot of time there. But I should have more then enough time to do the shopping I need.

I should get my new to me iPad Friday or Saturday or Monday. I don’t know if they will drop it off at the office or bring it to my apartment. I do know it needs to be signed for.

One of my friends picked up about 25 books. I have more books to go through. I am trying to be ruthless. I have a lot of pins to move, as when I sorted my sewing I discovered that I had 5 different pin cushions. I don’t need anywhere near as many. 
Since I can’t find my blue pin cushion, that I used for ball point pins. I may take a marker and mark one for the ball point pins.

Penny
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Good morning, all. Not feeling well. Did not sleep well last night. I think I might talk to my doctor about changing my pain medication. I know that gabapentin is a trusted drug and has been around for a long time, but I've just been DRAGGING lately. It's either my diet changes or the gabapentin. My bp medication doesn't make me feel so good either, but that's kind of necessary. UGH!

Raining today, so no yard work. I was going to do some more tilling. The garden is VERY SLOW in the making. Between the two of us, we've only done about two rows! :( We need to make a date to go over to our rental property soon and clean up the yard, too. So much to do!

My goal for today is to get the basement cleaned up. The cat boxes need doing, and we haven't vacuumed in way too long. I also have a MOUNTAIN of clean laundry to fold and put away, so it's a good day to work on the basement.

The laundry room is not finished, but it's looking a LOT better. I purged so much stuff from there! All of our cleaning and laundry supplies now fit into the very narrow closet next to the washing machine, which means the two pantry closets will have a LOT of free space. Getting rid of a TON of cleaning supplies, as well. My parents had EVERYTHING, and we don't use those products. I DID keep a few items that I find useful, but will not replace when they are gone. I got the floor and the little closet vacuumed. It looks a LOT better, but I will return to working on it later.

I have an early meeting with a client, and he has given me more work! Yay! I haven't had much luck pulling in new clients, so I'm grateful for whatever he sends my way. Plus, the writing tasks I have for him are winding down. The average task only takes me 15 minutes. This new task--administrative--will take longer.

I don't have an appetite, but I know I need to eat, so I'm going to go do that. Lunch with the neighbors was cancelled. She apparently had a very bad stomach virus. I'm going to see if they need any help.

Have a great Thursday, all!
Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

good Morning

The sun is trying to break through the clouds. A bit of 'bright' would be welcome. yesterday was very gloomy with snow, rain and freezing rain and my mood seemed to match the weather.

I was l glad I had yoga to go to and then lunch with a couple of friends. The 2 people whom we had made a special effort to hook up with didn't come for lunch - one was ill and the other was just a no-show. Maybe she misunderstood the date or maybe she thought no one in their right mind would go out in that weather. I've emailed them to pick another date.

I'm going out shortly for dancercise and then will lunch with classmates. I need to go to the bank this afternoon and get some change so I can do some more laundry. Will pick up some groceries while i'm over that way

I also need to make a decision about an art course this afternoon, before it's too late to register. I still have not received a refund for the course that was cancelled and that is creating difficulty with my credit card balance.

take care,
AnneX
rinty

Post by rinty »

alliesmama4 wrote:Good morning. Not sure if someone else has started the check in? I did not see one if this is a duplicate please delete it. Janet Alliesmama

Hey Janet, hope the insomnia is going away ? That sounds very draining, I hope you get some help for it soon.

Have terrible tooth pain today, I wasn't allowing myself to give into it as I was doing an early shift but I am home now, so OOOOOWWWWW and bring on the painkillers.

NOT no spend as I had an appt for some electrolysis, and its cold and rainy. I also bought a homemade quiche from a Rather Posh deli near the beauticians, it was only £3.50 and there was enough for both DH and I.

Work was foul as usual, an agency staff member that came in for the day was horrified by the place, I doubt she'll come back willingly, and who could blame her ; ) A LOOOONGGGG shift beckons tomorrow then the weekend off.

They did dare to say that some rota changes have become necessary.........so I have pointedly NOT looked at the rota ( which is secreted in an office ) No chance of me working any shifts over this coming weekend ThankYouVeryMuch :)

I also have "homework" to do, nothing that would benefit me in another job, you understand. I've looked at it, it'll take a few hours to do ( or not )

Anyway...........DH has done all the housework, bless him, washed bedding etc and done a load of paperwork....he is a HERO and I Shall Keep Him :)

Its cold and miserable so I have no intention of walking the dog. There are a few job applications I am thinking about............I do NOT want to make another wrong choice, I haven't enjoyed either of the 2 jobs I have taken since moving here and I have always had jobs I have enjoyed in my working life, so I don't want to jump into something and make a mistake.

I deep cleaned a bedroom yesterday......one thing about being Empty Nesters is the fact that places STAY CLEAN and tidy. I have artfully arranged toys.......books in neat stacks, plumped up fluffy pillows, the spare bedroom looks very inviting, Our bedroom is also lovely, I can't sleep in a cluttered environment.

The Craft Room , however :roll: :roll: :roll: I'm not enthusiastic about it any more, its just STUFF to me now. I recycled a ton of craft magazines from about 10 years ago when I was happily paying £4 a magazine. I justified it to DH..........." Do you think there is any chance I will actually make this darling cross-stitch Christmas stocking from this 2003 pattern.............me either, its gone..." But all the papercraft stuff, I cannot believe I was stupid enough to convince myself I needed all this stuff.............I do have a number of crafty friends who have PILES more stuff than I do but that's not the point is it ???

Offff to turn on the heating, I'm freezing. We are having baked breaded fish and veggies for dinner, something soft as I can still barely chew. Tomorrow we are both busy so I am prepping the veg and DH will pop a lamb casserole in the crock pot for us to have when we touch base again in the evening.