Daily Check in April 7th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check in April 7th

Post by rinty »

Just a quick addition......

attic24.typepad.com
This blogger has just posted a LOOONG post with many photos of her recent break in Dorset, This is exactly where DS and I used to go to the caravan and Just Be, Every picture is a place Ds and I have been and sat on those very beaches and watched those very same waves. She has captured it all perfectly, especially Lyme Regis which is less than a Mile from where we had the caravan..........we have walked every inch she shows you and it really is that scenic and perfect.

Worth a click !!!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!!!

Dog walked.

Today I am going to the rental because a tree needs to be cut down. A friend is going with me so it will be nice drive. I'm hoping that it takes less then the 2 hours that the tree guy thinks.

After the tree is gone my friend and I will go to lunch, I will treat because we have not seen each other since her bday. I also am going to give her a loaf of bread that I baked yesterday.

IC

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

rinty » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 am

Just a quick addition......

attic24.typepad.com
This blogger has just posted a LOOONG post with many photos of her recent break in Dorset, This is exactly where DS and I used to go to the caravan and Just Be, Every picture is a place Ds and I have been and sat on those very beaches and watched those very same waves. She has captured it all perfectly, especially Lyme Regis which is less than a Mile from where we had the caravan..........we have walked every inch she shows you and it really is that scenic and perfect.

Worth a click !!!
Rinty, thank you for the link, I loved the pictures.

I miss living near the ocean, I grew up in New York State, on Long Island. I spent many summer evenings with the family at Jones Beach State Park.

My grandmother loved to go in the winter and watch the waves. She often took my brother and I. This was before our sister was born.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote:Just a quick addition......

attic24.typepad.com

Worth a click !!!
Rinty thank you for sharing the pictures. They are so lovely make me want to jump on a plane and come to see for myself..I love being around water it feeds my soul..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Lunch was Brussels sprouts and canned hot tamales..I am hoping this does not cause internal combustion..lol. I really need to sit down and write out a menu and stick to it. Tomorrow I will have my aide make a meatloaf and fry up some sausage for breakfasts.Also make some gluten free muffins.I have Italian sausage thawing and will use some for homemade pizza and to add to spaghetti sauce. I bought it in sale the other day 5 links for 2.07. Great baragain. .Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I also want to jump on a plane and visit Dorset now. It is so beautiful!

Work has been fairly horrible this week, but that's over until Monday morning, when I'll wade back into fixing things. Until then, there's the family to take care of and the house needs a good cleaning.

I stopped at Dollar Tree on the way home from work to buy some cleaning supplies, soy milk, and writing pads, and was delighted to find an Elizabeth David cookbook -- a 3-in-1 volume of Mediterranean Food, French County Cooking, and Summer Cooking -- on sale for $1. It's a beautiful hardcover first edition with the dust jacket.

Had five no-spend days in a row until today. Also today I ordered food and medicines for the critters ($153), which ought to keep them in food for a month.
Mackie