Five frugal things for July

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Five frugal things for July

Post by Dgflorida »

July is here and time to share our five frugal things.
dlrcpa

Re: Five frugal things for July

Post by dlrcpa »

1. Used $8 in coupons/ECBs at CVS for sale items
2. Made bread, cookies, refried beans from scratch
3. Eating lettuce and beans from the garden
4. Knitting baby afghan to sell (or give as gift if needed). Yellow, so gender-neutral.
5. clipped coupons, used grocery sale ads to plan shopping
6. No un-necessary spending. Avoided the sales/temptation.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

My 5 frugal things for the first week. 1) Changed brands of dirty rice and saved 30c. Hubs says new brand is fine, so next shopping trip, buy more. 2) Used up a sample pack of medication, saved $7. 3) got spotted bananas for 15c/lb. 4) used camp solar hot water shower bag to heat water for washing dishes. The water was hot and zero cost to heat it. 5) repaired a pair of shorts to do yard work in.
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

July's frugal things

1. Made meat broth from bones, to use in homemade soup made from leftover veggies

2. Continue to read free downloaded ebooks on my ereaders.

3. Hanging handwashed laundry (lingerie) to drip dry in bathroom

4. finished drying clothes in front of box fan, that was running to help cool room.

5. Used blank notecard to write birthday greeting in and enclose money as a gift.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Changed ins from liberty mutual to Usaa saving 33$. A month. Changed cell phones and got 2 trac phones and saved 20$ and thinking of cancelling paper. Hate to as dh doesn't do computers. Cooking more meals instead of microwave meals since we got ac. Just too hot before. Cut out eating out, except special occasions. Have to replace our E funds we spent on heat pump, before another must replace item comes up.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote:Changed ins from liberty mutual to Usaa saving 33$. A month. Changed cell phones and got 2 trac phones and saved 20$ and thinking of cancelling paper. Hate to as dh doesn't do computers. Cooking more meals instead of microwave meals since we got ac. Just too hot before. Cut out eating out, except special occasions. Have to replace our E funds we spent on heat pump, before another must replace item comes up.
Owned, I get the Sunday newspaper. Last year I did not renew on the due date. After about a month without the paper, the newspaper called me with an offer to get it for almost 50% off. I took it. Just an idea for you.