How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalone

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by frugalone »

I joined Frugal Living when our economic status changed. We live in Scottsdale AZ and were used to a different lifestyle; We had a lot to learn!
I used to post infrequently...more of a lurker, who started here around 2005 (maybe earlier), and when the new forum began, I couldn't get on this site, so I just read when I had a chance. I use to post as Weddingdaze.
Today I decided to use an email that I hardly use...in fact, I had forgotten about it. I plugged it in, filled out whatever I needed to, and voila! Here I am.
Someone here might remember that I posted that I had Multiple Myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells. In 2013, I had my second stem cell transplant. (They have come so far with different protocols that I expected to live a long life.) After the transplaant, when I was strong enough, I had a six hour hand surgery to correct eight different issues. It was horribly painful. Just when my hand healed...perfectly, I started having stomach issues. In February of 2015, I was diagonosed with Pancreatic cancer. Both cancers are unrelated...just horribly bad luck.
I've had chemo, hoping to have surgery afterwards. The tumor shrank, but it was entwined in the portal vein, which negated the chance to have it. Despite having two cancers,in June, the Mayo Clinic allowed me to be in a special trial. I was miserable for several months. The most recent PET scan showed no change, so I stopped the trial.
It's been a few weeks and I am feeling good. I know that each day is a gift...it's been 18 months! I have a positive attitude and try to get as much out of life as possible.
I have a great family and wonderfully close friends. When feeing good, I have an active social life. Financially, we are ok. We've both learned so much! We're in the medical insurance doughnut hole right now, so very large medical bills, but we're doing alright. I will never have the life I had before, in so many ways, but I am very thankful for all I've had and what I do have. For all I've been through, I still look good. Good physical genes, I guess. One person who sometimes posts can attest to that. We're facebook friends.
Hope to be posting more now that I'm registered.

LWolfT

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by LWolfT »

frugalone wrote:I joined Frugal Living when our economic status changed. We live in Scottsdale AZ and were used to a different lifestyle; We had a lot to learn!
I used to post infrequently...more of a lurker, who started here around 2005 (maybe earlier), and when the new forum began, I couldn't get on this site, so I just read when I had a chance. I use to post as Weddingdaze.
I remember you as Weddingdaze! Glad you found your way back.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So glad to see you post WeddingDaze. I've thought of you and wondered how you were doing. You were always so calm when talking about your health.

when I think of moving to Arizona, I remember how you raved about the Mayo Clinic.

Take care!!!

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Wedding Daze -
So glad to see you posting again but so sorry to hear about the ongoing health issues. Bless you and keep you as you continue the fight. Hoping to see you around more!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

colonialgirl wrote:Sandy that is it - Lennon remembered as well. I don't know what is wrong with my brain. Every time I hear about a tornado hitting I always wonder if she survived.

This winter hubs and I have a project to get our estate in order. Find a lawyer, make a new will, consolidate all of our papers make pre paid burial arrangements and make a letter of instruction to give to my two nieces who I am close to along with keys to our house. I don't anticipate anything happening but everything was such a mess with my brother that I just want it done.

When I was making my list to go through - one of the things I included to put on my letter of instructions was my log on info for this site and for the girls to tell you folks I am gone. I figure that way you all can say = hey she was so mean, I thought she would never die! But actually I think it would be nice for survivors to let someone here know. I wonder if Marcia is still alive. You don't spend as much time visiting with folks as we do here without forming a bond - albeit an electronic one.
Thank you for that the idea to let all of know if something happens to you.

Last week I found out that my cousin died on FB, people were posting about how sorry they were to lose her!!!!

I contacted her family and her brother and son called me back. As it turns out one of my FB friends is her cousin on her other side, we have become close this last week.

It's just so strange to go on FB and ask what happened?????

When my mother died 14 years ago she had gone though her address book marking who we were to notify.

How many of us had paper books any more, it's something I should take care of. DH has no idea who my friends are and he certainly does not know who I spend my time with on the net.

Thank you again for a smart idea.!!!

IC

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Welcome Weddingdaze, how wonderful that you finally got in again. We sure hope to hear more from you. Post whenever you can.