How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote:NBeaver -
It wasn't you - I remember you well. This lady did not post a whole lot back then. I may however have the events mixed up. I was thinking it was Joplin but maybe it was many of the many other awful weather disasters that have beset our country. Whomever the person was posting and thenn many people kept posting asking if she was OK - but she never responded. I swear - I used to have a good memory - but any more it is just shot.

You are so right - I never saw devastation like that anywhere. I hope I never do again.
I remember trying to "find" her. I don't remember her online name. I wish I had written it down.
clemencia2us

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by clemencia2us »

It might have been the tornado in Norman Oklahoma?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Remember Rubekkah? I think that is how she spelled her online name.

I joined when I moved to Oklahoma. One of my male co-workers mentioned this site!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I'm here. I'd post a longer update but I really don't have too much time. I'm about to go put my son to bed. Great to see you posting, Ellen.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I remember Rubekkah. A long time ago when Pat was moderator she started cracking down on some of the drama that was occurring. Many members got mad and migrated over to a site one of the ladies started then. Rubekkah was one of those who went over there. That site flourished for a long time along with another site called Isle of Whack. Eventually Isle of Whack died out probably due to Facebook. The site is still there but not much activity. The other site was called Living Frugally. The moderator who eventually took over that ran it for a few years but she subsequently passed away from Crohns Disease. Again the site is still there but I don't think anyone is running it.

Another popular site was No More Debt which was started by a group of Dave Ramsey followers. It was a great site and very popular. Sue (Everfrugal) ended up taking that on as the moderator and she did a great job! Sadly she passed away from cancer a few years ago. The site was still active but eventually it was decided to take it over to Facebook. People do post there but it is just not the same as it was when it was its own entity on Delphi.

Another poster on About was Alex aka Skating Alex (on the Delphi site). Drama always seemed to follow her where ever she went. I don't know what happened to her.

There was another lady on about who skated a lot. So much that she never had to worry about weight gain. She lived in a very small apartment in Canada. Her job did not pay that well so it seemed like she struggled financially. She was vegan and had some good tips on a vegan lifestyle.

Beckwoman was another poster I really admired. She lived in Colorado and was very spunky. She was a master at frugal living. Her DH passed away and that seemed to take the spark out of her. She did move to a mountain cabin and was adjusting to the cold winters up there but her family worried about her. I think at some point she did remarry but I don't know what happened to her after that.

Wow a lot of history there. yup I have been around for a long time, since the 1990's.
Bev
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I miss SmallShark (the skater from Canada), PrairieFloozie, and RandaMax. And the lady who referred to her kids as LFO and LFO2, she was funny.