How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by colonialgirl »

S&S and Clem and Janet -

I have often wondered the same as you. I can't help but think that he got into this for publicity and when he won it stroked his ego enough for him to think he could be president - then he gets a moment of reality and panics because it is obvious he could not do the job.

But Clemmy - no it would not be a good thing if he got in. That would be like teaching a kid not to touch fire by cutting off their hand. Not the best way to learn that lesson. I think the election is enough of a shake up. I am absolutely terrified of what could happen. Hillary may have issues God knows, but I don't worry about her hitting the nuclear launch phone if someone hurts her feelings or makes her angry. I think that is a real concern with the Orange Peril. Regardless of your party affiliation, I cannot understand how any sentient being could vote for him. He is a disaster in every area. It reminds me of Edwin Edwards (the convicted politician) ran against David Duke. One of the slogans was "Vote for the Crook, It's Important". Same thing here.
mbrudnic

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by mbrudnic »

Can we please move political OPINIONS to a properly labeled thread so those of us who are tired of the back and forth in the rest of the world, can avoid it?

Thanks. This thred is starting to slide down the slippery slope. This was my one last political opinion-free venue.

Maggie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Sorry Maggie -
Just got carried away taking with old friends. Did not mean to make you uncomfortable.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I am finding on Facebook that the political posts for all sides are making my blood boil. "This person just shut down the Liberals" "That person wrote a note that will leave the Conservatives speechless" So disrespectful not just to the candidates - neither I which I trust as far as I can throw them, but to their respective supporters.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote:I am finding on Facebook that the political posts for all sides are making my blood boil. "This person just shut down the Liberals" "That person wrote a note that will leave the Conservatives speechless" So disrespectful not just to the candidates - neither I which I trust as far as I can throw them, but to their respective supporters.
I unfollow the few people that start that kind of thing on my facebook page. Very peaceful to not see them.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with Maggie on this. Let's stay with the frugal things of life.