How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: How many of US from About.com's original frugal living forum are still here?

Post by frugalmom »

frugalone wrote:I joined Frugal Living when our economic status changed. We live in Scottsdale AZ and were used to a different lifestyle; We had a lot to learn!
I used to post infrequently...more of a lurker, who started here around 2005 (maybe earlier), and when the new forum began, I couldn't get on this site, so I just read when I had a chance. I use to post as Weddingdaze.
Today I decided to use an email that I hardly use...in fact, I had forgotten about it. I plugged it in, filled out whatever I needed to, and voila! Here I am.
Someone here might remember that I posted that I had Multiple Myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells. In 2013, I had my second stem cell transplant. (They have come so far with different protocols that I expected to live a long life.) After the transplaant, when I was strong enough, I had a six hour hand surgery to correct eight different issues. It was horribly painful. Just when my hand healed...perfectly, I started having stomach issues. In February of 2015, I was diagonosed with Pancreatic cancer. Both cancers are unrelated...just horribly bad luck.
I've had chemo, hoping to have surgery afterwards. The tumor shrank, but it was entwined in the portal vein, which negated the chance to have it. Despite having two cancers,in June, the Mayo Clinic allowed me to be in a special trial. I was miserable for several months. The most recent PET scan showed no change, so I stopped the trial.
It's been a few weeks and I am feeling good. I know that each day is a gift...it's been 18 months! I have a positive attitude and try to get as much out of life as possible.
I have a great family and wonderfully close friends. When feeing good, I have an active social life. Financially, we are ok. We've both learned so much! We're in the medical insurance doughnut hole right now, so very large medical bills, but we're doing alright. I will never have the life I had before, in so many ways, but I am very thankful for all I've had and what I do have. For all I've been through, I still look good. Good physical genes, I guess. One person who sometimes posts can attest to that. We're facebook friends.
Hope to be posting more now that I'm registered.
Welcome back-glad you could sign on again-have to get used to your new name now! I am glad you are feeling better now and I like your positive attitude-you are an inspiration to all of us! Btw,if I remember correctly (but you all know how I lament about my bad memory-so forgive me if I am wrong!),are you the one on about.com frugal living forum that had a very nice picture of you and your husband like at a wedding and dancing-nice looking couple?